tripmon
XCGALLERY Admin Sections Blank
  • 2005/1/13 20:26

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Hi.

XCGAL displays BLANK PAGES in ADMIN Section, except for the preferences page.

Running XOOPS 2.0.9.2, and xcgal 1.1 (using GD2), Free BSD, and PHP 4.3.6

XCGAL installed fine, I chm'd the albums and userpics Dirs to 777 before install.

Using:
http://www.MyDomain.com/modules/xcgal/admin.php?admin_mode=1&referer=%2Fmodules%2Fxcgal%2F
I can access the limited admin features available from this page.
Have successfully created an album and uploaded a pic.
Have successfully sent & recieved an E-Card from xcgal (though I was not able to view the card when I clicked the link in the generated e-mail)..

In other words, it seems to MOSTLY work...

Here's the Problem:
In the XOOPS Admin Section, if I try and click:
The XCGALLERY icon,
Admin Overview,
Categories,
Users,
Groups,
ECards,
Batch Add Pictures,

I get a blank page (Source []) with no debug info using PHP debug, Smarty, or MySql/Blocks.

I can click the prefs (from Same menu as outlined above) and it loads normally and all looks fine (But I notice the call is to admin.php as opposed to /xgal/admin.php).

So I am left being unable to configure Users, Groups, etc.

Have visited xoops2.org forums, verified I'm not running safe mode, tried the safe mode xcgal switch anyway, searched all xoops.org forum posts, ck'd dev.xoops.org, and taken a cursory look at the code before posting.

Any help would be highly praised and I can perform, provide any additional info.

Thanks,
Trip

tripmon
Re: XCGALLERY Admin Sections Blank FIX
  • 2005/1/13 21:20

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

I have seen posts similar to this one as well as posts inquiring about the DEBUG information...

Well, here is the Skinny (AKA FIX);

XCGAL upload resulted blank spaces or carrige returns (at least on my install) after the closing PHP tags on alot of the files.

Once I removed the blank spaces from all files in the include dir, as well as the admin Dir. the admin pages all work just fine. I think header.php in the admin dir was the lynchpin)

XCGAL debug is activated / deactivated in the pref's section. Just including this info as I saw a couple of posts floating around asking how to get rid of the debug info.

Hope this post can help out somebody else.
Trip

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits