shaxs
Looking for an easy clean news/article System
  • 2005/1/11 5:42

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

Hello Guys! I have been using XOOPS for sometime now. But, I have been out of the loop for sometime. I'm looking for a module, that will allow you to add stories to the homepage (or have the XOOPS preferences point the home page to the module by default) with easy and look clean. I would like this module to implement a good editor, Maybe the SPAW editor, and have the ability to upload pictures right then and there on the form. Im looking for something very similiar to wf-sections, but wf-sections seems to put too much junk on the screen. If you go tohttp://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ you will see what I am looking for. Something to add a picture and some text and have it look clean with a link to the whole story. Can anyone reccommend something to me? the default NEWS module with XOOPS is CLOSE, but doesnt allow for the instant upload of pictures. Is the spaw editor compatible with the news module?

Mithrandir
Re: Looking for an easy clean news/article System

Quote:
the default NEWS module with XOOPS is CLOSE, but doesnt allow for the instant upload of pictures

Yes it does. Through the image manager Resized Image

If you want the clutter-free in-your-face news, I can suggest AMS or Articles (found in the module repository here)

shaxs
  • 2005/1/11 7:14

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

Hello!

I downloaded AMs, installed and it was great. I went to submit my first article and now when I go to AMS I get a blank screen. Seehttp://legionofdestiny.org/modules/AMS/. Any clues??

Also, when I use the image manager, a window pops up. There is a drop down menu that is empty, a small little button that reloads the page (or so it seems), and a close button. I want to be able to browse my local drive and add a picture

Mithrandir

The image manager will have to have categories set up in administration menu -> system admin -> images before you can upload files

Similarly, you need to have at least one topic with appropriate permissions set up in AMS module administration before you can submit articles (without errors, that is - it'll be fixed in the next version of AMS)

brash
  • 2005/1/11 7:22

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

shaxs wrote:

I went to submit my first article and now when I go to AMS I get a blank screen.

Damn we've got to get this fix out . What you need to do before submitting an article is;

1) create a topic
2) Set the SUBMIT permissions in AMS
3) Submit article

The present version of AMS has a bug where it allows Webmasters to submit an article regardless of wether there is a topic created or not. In short, this breaks AMS as your article will have an invalid topicid set against it which can not be fixed without direct access to your MySQL database. The easiest way to fix this from where you are is to uninstall AMS, reinstall it, and then follow steps 1,2 & 3 from above.

Quote:

shaxs wrote:

Also, when I use the image manager, a window pops up. There is a drop down menu that is empty, a small little button that reloads the page (or so it seems), and a close button. I want to be able to browse my local drive and add a picture

You will need to set image manager up first. Go into system admin -> images and setup you image categories, permissions and related options. Once you have done this you should be able to upload images via image manager when posting provided your a member of a group with upload priviledges.

shaxs
  • 2005/1/11 7:29

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

okay, do I just ftp in and delete the folder? Whast the best way to uninstall?

brash
  • 2005/1/11 7:36

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Just uninstall the module in the XOOPS admin panel, and then reinstall it there too.

shaxs
  • 2005/1/11 7:39

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

okay when I try to upload a file now, I get this error:

"Could not get uploaded file %s"

Any Clues?

brash
  • 2005/1/11 7:54

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Why are you uploading it again ? The physical files will be perfectly ok, it is database that will hold the invalid record. Just uninstall the module from the XOOPS admin panel (exact opposite of how you installed it) so that all the AMS database tables are removed, and then install it again the same as you did in first place.

shaxs
  • 2005/1/11 8:05

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

Okay, it is still breaking. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I then created a topic. I then set my permissioms. It still breaks.

When I go to creat an article, it shows the drop down box, but my topic is not there. So, I believe that sincethere is no topic there and I am submitting the article, which breaks it.

Go here:http://legionofdestiny.org/modules/AMS/submit.php , you will see there is no topic in the drop down box.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits