eman28
need a database
  • 2005/1/11 1:35

• eman28

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

I have a reloading website installed with xoops2 and i am trying too find a module or something else i can use with xoops2. what i am trying to do is have a database of all cartridges and reloads cataloged and serched by a caliber. ive tried finding one here but im not sure exaclty what im looking for. could somebody point me in the right direction

thanks

brash
Re: need a database
  • 2005/1/11 2:33

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You want a module that stores some detailed information about printer cartridges? Is this correct?

If so, then I'd probably sugest that nothing like that exists, and you might need to have it custom developed. This would cost you money, but how much would depend on your requirements. From experience I would be thinking you'd be looking at $200USD upwards for something like this.

eman28
  • 2005/1/11 2:42

• eman28

• Just popping in

not printer cartridges , rifle (ammo) cartridges. i want to be able to set up a data base in XOOPS hopefully or out of. i want to be able to scroll a list of sizes and go to a database of collected information from input that users have put there and what i have put there. ive never tried to set up such a thing but in html an had to update the pages daily this way it would be updated and collected for viewing with out me. ive seen alot of them out there but i dont know what they used or what for sure its called other than a database. i was hoping to find something that would without alot of mods work with xoops2

thanks for the reply

brash
  • 2005/1/11 2:50

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

God I'm a nerd, you say cartridges and I immediately think printers . Still, the same applies. I don't know of any such module that would be ready to rock straight out of the box for what you want. I might be WAY off (it's happened before), but I think you'd almost be able to modify MyDownloads or MyLinks to do this. They both have the sort of stucture you'd need I reckon, you'd just need to modify the feilds to suit. Should be a lot quicker (and less expensive) than starting from scratch.

eman28
  • 2005/1/11 2:59

• eman28

• Just popping in

yeah i was thinking about using my links and modify it for what i need but you wont know till ya ask right? ok so i modify it but i still want a mylinks and mydownloads on my site can i install two of the same module and modify one so i dont lose the others? forgive me i just started using XOOPS a week ago and i think this is great i wish i had found it long time ago. alot of trial and error.

thanks

brash
  • 2005/1/11 3:08

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

To be able to install and run either of these module in parrallel you'll need to do a bit of work. Database naming scheme would need to be changed, as would the language constants and a few others. It could be done though.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits