twilight
Error: Too many users?
  • 2005/1/10 21:51

• twilight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

Is it normal for XOOPS forum modules to have errors when too many users are logged on? I see this a lot. What is the solution? More bandwidth?

Here is the message:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

[this part was added in by the website design team]If you are the visitor of this site, please wait for few second to be website get activated. This error occurs due to many users visiting our website at same time.[end of website design team edit]

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

jdseymour
Re: Error: Too many users?

What platform are you running? I have never seen this error.

If you are using IIS on Windows 2000 or XP there is a 10 concurrent connection limit. But that would be a windows error not a forum error.

Need more details.

twilight
  • 2005/1/10 22:28

• twilight

• Just popping in

It's not my site but a friend of mine. The website is very popular. For instance, there were about 53 active users on the forums the last time I was able to view it and it's still giving that error of too many users. I have contacted her to request what platform she uses but maybe it's best if I pm you her email address with the link to the forum.

eta: There were 40 users on the entire website module the last time I was able to login. I think there could be as much as 100 to 200 users trying to access the site at any time during the day (as opposed to evening and night). Is XOOPS unable to handle so many people?

Here's the other error I see:

_LANG_WA_WPDB_GUIDE1

_LANG_WA_WPDB_GUIDE2
_LANG_WA_WPDB_GUIDE3
_LANG_WA_WPDB_GUIDE4

WordPress Japan (which links to http://wordpress.xwd.jp/)

jdseymour

Well with that many users it is clearly a server platform, whether Windows or Linux/unix based.

I could see where bandwidth would be an issue with a forum that active. But I don't quite understand where the error message itself is coming from. Of course on a great day I don't get 1/6 that traffic.

If it is a XOOPS forum or XOOPS error itself I am sure the developers will know where I comes from. I myself have never experienced it.

Added: now I see your edit. I have seen discussion of that database factory error before on the forums. Maybe try a search on that.

twilight
  • 2005/1/11 0:27

• twilight

• Just popping in

Thanks. I did the search and found lots of posts on the same error.

Basically the website design team added that section in the middle with the bad grammer. It is not necessarily due to too many users. It's a problem in the setup of the site - possibly the mainfile.php

I have contacted the website admin with a link to the search results.

Login

Who's Online

418 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 418

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits