carrie
access errors
  • 2005/1/5 22:36

• carrie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/12

I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with access errors. I keep getting the following:

Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /modules/xcgal/admin/searchnew.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried asking my host about it, but they say that it has to do with the software. I know it's not that though, because I have never gotten this error when running XOOPS with other hosts. I had the same problem when trying to run the Coppermine Photo Gallery. The people over at their support site said that I need ask my host what to change in the .htaccess file that is uploaded to my site. However, when I asked that, I got a very rude response from my host saying that it's not their fault. As you can see, I'm being lead in two different directions, which is getting kind of frustrating. Not to mention the tone of my hosts e-mails, which I think are totally uncalled for. I'm just looking for help...lol. If anyone here could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Carrie

brash
Re: access errors
  • 2005/1/5 23:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You are the customer. If I had my site hosted with someone with an attitude as you've suggested I'd be swapping hosts faster than you can say customer service. Have a look at the XOOPS hosting forums for some ideas.

carrie
  • 2005/1/5 23:28

• carrie

• Just popping in

Thanks for the suggestion. I just might have to do that.

brash
  • 2005/1/5 23:30

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

No worries. Just remember YOU are paying THEM for a service. I've heard good things about Surpass hosting.

carrie
  • 2005/1/5 23:57

• carrie

• Just popping in

Wow, Surpass Hosting offers a lot of good stuff for less money. I might have to try them out. Thanks brash!

carnuke
  • 2005/1/6 0:58

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Carrie, I'm sticking my neck out here ... but I would have to say that Surpass hosting are rock solid hosting company (period)

Many users here (including myself) use them and their support is excellent. In troubled times, like the recent santy virus issue, they took action immediately and averted severe problems.

In terms of their plans, they are hard to beat. What else do you need?

carrie
  • 2005/1/6 1:57

• carrie

• Just popping in

Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it. I've decided to give them a try. Thanks again!

carrie
  • 2005/1/6 16:24

• carrie

• Just popping in

Well, good news. I changed hosts and I haven't had any errors at all. Thank you very much for the hosting suggestion. I appreciate it!

I just have one question though. Does anyone know why the Surpass Hosting website is down? I figure they must be doing upgrades or maintenance.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits