djsckizo
It's nice having that burst of inspiration....BadMovieReview redone
  • 2005/1/6 0:28

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

So, I finally got around to redoing BadMovieReview.com. It includes a hacked up, chopped up, and mangled version of the soapbox templates (as well as a couple simple changes in the php files)...I decided to change some things

...so if the site dies and the Internet crashes you'll know why.

Anyway, here it is. Instead of going for lots of graphics and things, I decided to simplify it. Quicker load times and things, ya know...

http://www.badmoviereview.com

carnuke
Re: It's nice having that burst of inspiration....BadMovieReview redone
  • 2005/1/6 1:27

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

WOW ! is that really a XOOPS site Nice rendition DJ

It's so minimalist and clean. Have to say I do like it VERY much. A real breath of fresh air after the overcrowded feeling so many sites have.

Well done.

BTW, have you found the bug in sopabox, where if you modify an article you lose all the votes and rating!!

Let me know how to clean this up if you find out!

Richard

djsckizo
Re: It
  • 2005/1/6 2:14

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

Thanks. :) I've had it in my head for a while that I wanted to make the site simple looking, and keep out all of the graphics if at all possible.

I'm still running 1.3 actually, so if it's in a later version I haven't run into it yet. I tried upgrading it but things went bizare, so I went back to 1.3. I may try upgrading it again though...maybe then I'll see the bug.

I am having an odd problem with firefox though. When I view the movie reviews or even the spotlight block on the front page, it won't show any information from the database. I have to have it cached to show it up...but then I have to dump the cache itself when it expires for it show up again. It's a bit odd and annoying. If I leave the cache off, IE renders everything fine, but Firefox renders nothing. Guess I'll have something else to look into tomorrow as well.

djsckizo
  • 2005/1/7 8:42

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

I updated to the newest Soapbox, but I had to manually put all of the articles back in. Anytime I upgraded, it just screwed it all up. In fact, I think I dumped my comments at the same time during the update. =/

The vote problem...I have no clue as to what's up with that. I even dumped my vote data into the table and nothing. It wouldn't read them at all. I may mess with it tomorrow and try to find something out. If I do, I'll post somewhere else, to quit bumping this one up.

I'm still trying to figure out some weird bugs in that seem to be popping up though. For instance...pages coming up blank for no reason. They'll show fine for a while, but then become blank out of no where after a while.

Edit: Fixed that problem. I forgot that there was a permissions section seperate from the XOOPS groups section. Gah!

carnuke
  • 2005/1/7 9:15

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I can't see what the issue is with firefox ... it all looks good to me although I did not spend hours looking

Horacio said that the bug in sopabox prevented votes and ratings being displayed after any update, although the data is still there in the db. He has not fixed it yet though.

BTW the worst movie I ever saw was Full Frontal.

Good luck with your development

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits