peacearena
Need help moving MT site to Xoops
  • 2005/1/5 22:29

• peacearena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/5 2

Hi. I've spent two weeks looking at various CMS programs and XOOPS is my first choice to use for a site now built with MovableType. But how to transfer it? After seaching the forums and FAQ, I can find no script or even tips on how to go about doing this (hopefully I didn't miss something obvious). Since B2Evolutions imported the MySQL tables in a snap, I may have to use it, but I'd rather have Xoops.

I'm just not knowledgable enough about this stuff to do this on my own without risking disaster on a site with over a year's worth of work on it.

If anyone can provide some assistance, I would be grateful.

brash
Re: Need help moving MT site to Xoops
  • 2005/1/5 23:11

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I know of no migration script for moving content from MovableType to Xoops. There are plenty of developers around that could write a script for you, but you'd most likely be looking at a paying job.

peacearena
Re: Need help moving MT site to Xoops
  • 2005/1/6 3:18

• peacearena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/5 2

I'm sure it's worth a fee, but unfortunately neither I nor the non-profit I'm helping out can afford to pay much for the service. Should anyone get generous, the mt-import.php file that comes with b2Evolution might be a good place to start. It is itself based on the WordPress conversion script.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits