slajeune
News module permission problem
  • 2005/1/4 22:54

• slajeune

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

Hi All,

I am new to xoops. I have installed the News module and it installed without a hitch. Using the admin user (the webmaster account), I submit a news. I then go to the news module to accept the news. I see the submission, but I can only delete it, not accept it!

Furthermore, at the same screen, I see in the Post new Article "access denied". What is required in order to approve a news? Do I need to create a specific user to accept the news? Is there any documentation on this module?

Thanks,
Stephane.

brash
Re: News module permission problem
  • 2005/1/4 23:21

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm assuming your using News 1.2.x?

slajeune
  • 2005/1/4 23:31

• slajeune

• Just popping in

Hi,

no, I'm using XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and news 1.1.

Thanks,
Stephane.

smdcom

Quote:

slajeune wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to xoops. I have installed the News module and it installed without a hitch. Using the admin user (the webmaster account), I submit a news. I then go to the news module to accept the news. I see the submission, but I can only delete it, not accept it!

In news 1.1 you have to edit the article first then approve it.

Quote:

Furthermore, at the same screen, I see in the Post new Article "access denied". What is required in order to approve a news? Do I need to create a specific user to accept the news? Is there any documentation on this module?

Thanks,
Stephane.

Give a access right/admin right. Go To Admin Menu -> System -> Groups. Click on your groups. and select news module access/admin right.

ps: There's brand new news module version 1.2.1. You can have it. Search!

slajeune
  • 2005/1/4 23:43

• slajeune

• Just popping in

Hi smdcom,

thanks for the info. I did check and the group webmasters has those checked off. I tried removing the rights and re-giving the rights. Same problem: access denied when I try to edit the post.

Thanks,
Stephane.

brash
  • 2005/1/4 23:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Don't know where you're tripping up here as News 1.1 only uses XOOPS group permissions, and by default the webmasters group has access to everything . The only thing I can think of is if you are trying to submit the article as an anonymous user.

slajeune
  • 2005/1/5 1:51

• slajeune

• Just popping in

Hi,

I know it's a weird problem and I didn't expect it. I tried news 1.2.1 and it works! I can submit and accept news. I guess I'll use 1.2.1.

Thanks,
Stephane.

brash
  • 2005/1/5 2:44

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

That is so back the front . Usually people stumble on the permissions in 1.2 if anyhing . Glad you've got it working.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits