DonXoop
SoloCanada site review.

I've only worked on this less than a week so bear with me on the low content so far.

This is a site for "Solo Sport" in Canada. Solo is a grassroots car racing sport that allows almost anyone to race their daily driver car in a safe and legal setting.

Besides the usual array of community based modules I used an empty module to put all the recent posts type blocks in which usually becomes the most active module.

Thanks for any comments.

The site: SoloCanada.ca

YourHelp
Re: SoloCanada site review.
  • 2004/12/31 11:17

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Good stuff! it looks great love the header with the cars.

solo71
  • 2004/12/31 11:27

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Just one minute, I though you were talking about me.

smdcom

Great! Keep it up... List it at www.xoops-topsites.com

menochi
  • 2004/12/31 14:33

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

Nice, good information. Perhaps you can adapt the menu more to the layout of the site? I´m missing the "drive" in the menu

Lance_
  • 2004/12/31 15:30

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Suggestion: change the two British and French flags to Canadian flag for english and Quebec flag for french.

I like the look of the site, nice theme.

Cheers.

DonXoop

Thank you for looking. With the experience of my other XOOPS site this one went up quickly including how many upgrades this week?

Just now it seems that surpasshosting is having a DoS attack or the backbone routing is wonky, again. This is my first time using a web hosting service and except for having lots of bandwidth I'm not comfortable with things like ftp and having the site go down all of a sudden. I'm spoiled with having total control of a server.

The menu and flag ideas are good. I'm just not sure what to do with them yet. Graphics are my weak point. I wonder if I'd have political issues changing the flags... Touchy subject up here in the frozen north.

Keep 'em coming.. thanks

DonXoop

New Year's turned into a lot of work chasing away DoS attacks on the main lines but the site survived...

I made a few changes and put up Canadian versions of the language switcher flags. Still thinking about how best to handle multi languages without heavy hacks or block cache issues. Keeping it simple for now.

Thanks for the tips. Any of you car/race nuts might want to signup.

let it snow...

Stallion
  • 2005/1/3 1:55

• Stallion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/2 2

Although I'm not into car racing, I thought your site was interesting and I'm sure as time goes on, you've got a winner.

Best Wishes!

Stallion

Talk Here World - Website & Forum

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits