nulla
How to install html tesxt for webrings
  • 2004/12/28 1:22

• nulla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

I had already posted this in general, not that I am impatient due to no responses, just thought I might get assistance here.

How and where do you install webring html text that is required by the webring you wish to join.

I do not wish to just cut and paste the req text and corrupt my new site without knowledge of the result.

any advice would be much appreciated.

happy new year to all

Nulla

Dave_L
Re: How to install html tesxt for webrings
  • 2004/12/28 2:17

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

What about using a custom block (content type HTML), that's only visible on the top page?

nulla
  • 2004/12/28 6:59

• nulla

• Just popping in

I will try that one, thanks my freind.
I am sure there are some webmasters out there that use more than one webring... I wonder how they cope.
I also seen a request somewhere on XOOPS for a module that will do this for webrings etc.

again thanks

Nulla

nulla
  • 2004/12/29 10:37

• nulla

• Just popping in

I loaded the webring html test into a block and have it sitting on the page as required

My problem is now, can someone tell me what is the correct path to the actual html text. With XOOPS setup the way it is when I use the correct URL as a reference for the webring homesite to detect if the correct text is on the page it comes up with not installed.

So my path is www liquiddietmates.com/modules/news2 or just www liquiddietmates.com but as stated by puttting either of these in the webring it does not detect it.

Do I have to actually name the theme.html? and its path

I have emailed the webring ... but may be waiting for a long negative reply.
If anyone has experience with web rings it would be much appreciated for your advice on this

Nulla

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/29 13:17

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The URL to the front page of your XOOPS site should work, provided that the block is visible on the front page, the block is visible to anonymous users, and you placed the correct code in the block.

You should be able to check the above by browsing to your site's URL while not logged in, and viewing the HTML source for the page.

If all of the above is correct, and the web ring doesn't recognize the code, you should contact the ring manager and have him look at the page.

I used to manage a web ring, but haven't kept up with that.

nulla
  • 2004/12/29 20:24

• nulla

• Just popping in

Dave, thanks heaps my friend, you have solved this for me. I did overlook the groups permissions and it was not visible to new users.

Problem solved.

Thanks for pointing it out, I was looking at everything but the bleeding obvious.

Nulla

Login

Who's Online

328 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 328

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits