Widget
Upgrading from 2.0.7 to 2.0.9
  • 2004/12/29 11:04

• Widget

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

I am currently running 2.0.7 and would like to upgrade to 2.0.9. I have downloaded the patch but haven't installed yet. Before installing, I want to ask if it is possible to copy and drag all file from the 2.0.9 patch folder to the existing folders in my server? For example in the 2.0.9 patch there is a folder called class can i just drag that folder and over write the existing class folder in my server. Then just simply follow this method until i have over written each and every folder and file? Will that upgrade my version to 2.0.9?

I also read thei FAQhttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=83 and found it some what confusing so I wanted to verify here.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

irmtfan
Re: Upgrading from 2.0.7 to 2.0.9
  • 2004/12/29 11:43

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

dont upload files and folders one by one its so tough just copy all files and folders in html/*.* to your root (e.g. public_html )

Widget
  • 2004/12/29 12:16

• Widget

• Just popping in

Thank you for your quick response. I realize that it could be very tedious to do it this way but I just want to know if I do overwrite my main XOOPS folder in my server will it just overwrite the existing folders and leave the extra folders likes modules etc intact? I ask this because I upgraded from 2.0.3 and was surprised that the module folders that I have installed were gone. I managed to fix the problem by uploading the modules in the server.

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/29 12:36

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

its overwrite all files that exist in the package and you must pay attention to modules folder.
for example if you use newbb2 you should not upload newbb module in 2.0.9 package because its newbb 1.
another thing is if you hack any files you must check the package for that files and replace your hack.

Widget
  • 2004/12/29 13:25

• Widget

• Just popping in

Thanks for your reply once again! :) Will upgrade and hope everything comes out smoothly!

Widget
  • 2004/12/29 15:16

• Widget

• Just popping in

Well I have upgraded! My version is now 2.0.9. Well that is what it said when I first logged into my website. It is strange that it doesn't show that I'm running a 2.0.9 xoop website but a 2.0 is that normal? How can I tell my current version?

I'm not very happy with the upgrade though. Somehow I did something wrong during the installation and erased my database. When I finally completed the install and logged in everyting was erased. All the new information that I have included on my website had been deleted. It's funny that I managed to save my modules though!

I just have a few questions. Does anyone know of a link or tutorial that teaches how to upgrade? What files to save and how to go about doing it? Then restoring it properly once again? This would be a time saver if I could find one. Instead of inputting files manually again incase I need to upgrade once more.

Good thing that the website that I upgraded was just a test website.

Another question, I installed XOOPS using Fantastico. My first installation was 2.0.3 then upgraded to 2.0.7 using fantastico as well. I noticed that when I log into fantastico and check my XOOPS link the installation still indicates that im 2.0.7. Will this affect my site in anyway?

I know this is a lot of questions. I hope someone has the patient to read it through!

Login

Who's Online

49 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 49

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits