Spiron
Switching from phpBB/EZportal to Xoops...
  • 2004/12/29 13:05

• Spiron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/29

Hello all!

I'm admin of a belgian party comunity and we're in need of a design and technology switch. Right now we're running phpBB along with EZportal and a monster load of other mods. It has worked great, but the lack of scaleability without huge code changes, and the mess the modding made has left me looking for other solutions. Untill now, I was looking at e107 but when I stumbled on this site I found XOOPS to meet my needs better.
I've been looking through the modules and possible themes and I really like what I see.

The new site should be able to or have:
- show registered users what has been added since last visit (including forum posts, news items, articles, pictures and comments on both pics and news)
- pm system
- calendar system (parties you know ;) ) with some intergration of last x upcoming events on portal
- feature rich picture album (personal picture albums optional)
- users with upcoming birthdays
- online lists, visit counters, etc..
- newest picture, newest x forums posts, last x added news
- shout box
- streaming audio box (webradios)

Now, judging by what I read here this should be easy to achieve, correct me if I'm wrong.

So far the technology side, let's talk themes. I want a unique theme and I'm willing to pay euro's for that. I guess I'll better post details for that in the right forum section, but if you're a themer with good graphical skills, you know there's a job opening now.

Thanks all,
Johan

Login

Who's Online

507 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 507

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits