irmtfan
shoutbox 3.0 - cpu usage overload!!!
  • 2004/12/12 14:45

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

today my host suspend my account and said me soutbox module overload server so i deactivate this module now.
from my host supporter:
Quote:
I have unsuspended your account. You will need to remove this php file.
modules/shoutbox/shoutframe.php

anyone could explain this for me?
i use this module for 1 mont.how it mentioned today?
also i must said i have a active site and chat is the favorite section and users use it a lot and love it

DonXoop
Re: soutbox 3.0 - cpu usage overload!!!

Many ISPs are having problems with chat scripts and are disabling accounts that use them. Shoutbox however is not too bad if configured with conservative settings.

On my site I set the block to NOT autorefresh and to NOT provide autorefresh to the user. We don't use it as a general chat application but only as a quick message app. And I would never open any chat app to anonymous users, that is asking for trouble. So far no trouble or high server loads.

irmtfan
Re: soutbox 3.0 - cpu usage overload!!!
  • 2004/12/12 14:57

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

huum thanks DonXoop
i open chat only for regustered users. but maybe that autorefresh cause the problem.maybe i must disable auto refresh.

_zx81
Re: shoutbox 3.0 - cpu usage overload!!!
  • 2004/12/23 14:00

• _zx81

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/23

since a have not a lot of users on my site i would like to set the bloc to auto refresh by default every 40 sec (vs being activated by users).

Since it does not appears in the module's admin options could anyone tell me what i shall modify to make it so ?

thanks

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits