devxtrm
Recommend Me A News Publication Module
  • 2004/12/21 19:36

• devxtrm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/9

Hello all,

as topic states, i'm looking for a simple, good, yet functional news module to use on my site.

I have tried News v1.21 but that does not show aricles with summary on top page unless i set the modules as start page. So that isn't too good.

I've also tried the latest wfsection however there are quite a number of bugs which affect my site greatly so that's out as well. It's a very good module i must say though. Although complicated, it functions very well and allows for own customisation.

So then, besides these 2 modules are there anymore which can show articles like wfsection can (image and summary on top page) but simple and bug free like news v1.21? I've heard of tiny but am unable to find it to test it out.

Please keep the suggestions coming in and many, many thanks in advance.

jmass
Re: Recommend Me A News Publication Module
  • 2004/12/21 19:41

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

News can do that. You just need to enable the right blocks on the top page. No need to set news as the start page.

devxtrm
  • 2004/12/22 7:26

• devxtrm

• Just popping in

I have tried that but the news appear on the top page as titles and not the title with summary and a small image next to it. Is that what you mean? If it can really display title + image + summary i will go back to using news v1.21.

devxtrm
  • 2004/12/22 13:34

• devxtrm

• Just popping in

hello there, i have tried your method and adding "Recent News" block to my top page but it only shows the title. When i click edit there is only an option to limit the number of characters of the title and no option to show "the scoop".

i really hope i can use news v1.21 for its simplicity and i'll use it if it can also show summary.

many thanks in advanced.

devxtrm
  • 2004/12/22 16:05

• devxtrm

• Just popping in

ok guys i did a more thorough search through the forums and stuff and found my answer! lol. it's hacking the template for the blocks and also news_top.php.

if anyone wants to know the solution do a search for "Show news on top page"

thanks for all the views/help

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits