karmes
This has to have been answered be/4 - Seperate pages on site
  • 2004/12/20 5:01

• karmes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

This has to have been answered before I am just doing searches on the wrong keywords. Please point me to what you think will be helpful or send me your suggestions.

I am trying to setup what I think is a simple site. I would like to have sperate links in the left block to unique files which display within the theme. I read something about using Tinyd and Freecontent to accomplish this but I have installed them and can't make any content display that I have created in TinyD.

An example would be if I was doing a site about breeds of dogs. I would like to have things/navigation on the left to breeds, health, nutrition, info, and then also have the different modules like fourms, downloads, etc. The only way I am seeing to do this is by having bunches of different modules, but I couldn't even begin to write a module.

Any pointers, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

tjnemez
Re: This has to have been answered be/4 - Seperate pages on site
  • 2004/12/20 5:35

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

how many menu items did you want to add?

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/20 5:44

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

you can create contents with any cms modules like tinyD and use multimenu to create custom menu and put links to contents.

karmes
  • 2004/12/20 19:54

• karmes

• Just popping in

Atleast 8 menu items, possibly more. I have no idea how to do a custome menu. I was thinking, would it be easier to make soem kind of blank module that you coudl set to call a html file? I think you would just keep copying the modul and renaming it to what you want that section to be. That is probably easier said than do, and I really don't knwo how to go about that either. I was just thinking of a previous life where I used to do a lot of includes.

Thanks

karmes
  • 2004/12/20 19:57

• karmes

• Just popping in

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
you can create contents with any cms modules like tinyD and use multimenu to create custom menu and put links to contents.

That is my whole issue I think. How do you do custom menus?

karmes
  • 2004/12/21 4:00

• karmes

• Just popping in

OHHH, I think something just dawned on me. I don't have to put a menu on the site at all technically. I can add a bunch of blocks and the text in the bblocks could be the links to the individual pages. I will give that a try. Not sure if the page will still show up within the theme.

Thanks again for all the help across the entire forum...all the different posts have went a long way in helping me understand!!!!

Karmes

Login

Who's Online

541 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 541

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits