joeiscoffee
Superspotlight - News

This problem may be a simple-normal-recurring zoops install problem but I'm still learning my way around xoops...

I installed the superspotlight module from guitargearheads and it works well. I did not have spotlight installed prior to this. (AMS was installed the day before but it is not active.)

However my previous iteration used the news module to display a two across display of the news. Just like on the frontpage here at xoops.
Now I can't get the 2 across news to disappear.
I've gone thru every switch in admin and I cannot find why these "old" news articles still appear.

Is it a "ghost" in the database?

Recommendations?

Chappy
Re: Superspotlight - News
  • 2004/12/28 9:06

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Is it the persistence of the old articles that you are wondering about or the persistence of the old layout?

First, XOOPS caches the info your modules output. You may need to reset the cache on the offending module to zero. You can also try to update the offending mod and even the system ( admin|modules|system).

You can also clean out the contents of the templates_c directory. Sometimes that seems to kludge things a bit.

Just some thoughts, seeing that no one else had responded. Not sure it's worth the paper its printed (?) on...

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits