mrvibes
Transferring The Database
  • 2004/12/17 13:49

• mrvibes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/14

I have created a website in XOOPS - I did this on a subdomain, just as a test, coz I'm a newbie and then got a bit carried away - and created the whole thing and got it working mostly fine - HOWEVER . .

Now I have added-on another domain to my cPanel and that is the domain name I would like to put my XOOPS site under.

How do I do this? do I just download all the files from the original subdomain and just reupload them to the new directory associated with the new domain?? what about DB probs/issues???

Keep it simple as I'm new to this

Many thanX Xoopsters

Jake (aka mrvibes)

jdseymour
Re: Transferring The Database

Since you are going to be on the same server, I don't think that you will have to do anything with the database. Just copy all files of your XOOPS install to the root directory of the server, edit mainfile.php to point to the root and your virtual address (domain) and you should be finished. The existing database should work with the existing user, username, and password so no changes should be made there.

Make sure that you do a backup first of course, just in case there is problems.

Also see this faq for pointers:
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=193

HTH.

mrvibes
Re: Transferring The Database
  • 2004/12/18 11:33

• mrvibes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/14

Thanks for that - eventually got it all working - I guess it's all good practise for newbies like me.

Thanks again

Jake

Login

Who's Online

353 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 352

goffy,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!