jdseymour
www.it-hq.org - timing out

Ever since the day before the AMS was released I have not been able to connect to this site. Is anyone else having this problem?

When I run Netquery from my server on the west coast it tells me port 80 is open. Was hoping it would clear up but going into the fourth day now. brashes other two sites I can connect with no troubles.

brash
Re: www.it-hq.org - timing out
  • 2004/12/15 11:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Boo! That's no good . I can almost garantee it will be my ISP. They seem to "fix" something every few months which results in really poor connection throughput and lots of drop outs.

Just to be sure, do you want to try deleting ALL offline content from my site in your temporary internet files, especially your cookies. Does this make a difference?

jdseymour

Thanks for the reply brash.

Deleted cookies, cleared cache. Made no difference, still timed out.

brash
  • 2004/12/15 20:56

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

That's a bit disappointing . I don't htink there is a great deal I can do about it until next year though. I had hoped to get my site shifted to a dedicated hosting environment before launching AMS, but simply ran out of time. Crazy time of year we are in

jdseymour

Thanks for replying. Is there any alternative method of obtaining your new module? I have been looking forward to it, and now it is beyond my reach.

brash
  • 2004/12/16 2:14

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

You could PM me an email addy I could send it to. You don't happen to access your internet via a proxy do you (sorry, this whole not being able to access my site has got me a caught up )?

brash
  • 2004/12/16 2:26

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry, one more thing jdseymour and then I'll e-mail you AMS. I'm wondering if it is a stale DNS record that might be causing the issue. Can you goto a command prompt an type in;

nslookup http://www.it-hq.org

It should come back an tell you the IP address is 220.253.34.235 . If not, then it is a DNS record issue. Try this first, then if it is this I'll step you through correcting it.

jdseymour

Your right wrong IP address. Tried flush and register dns, made no difference.

Nevermind.....finally updated got your site now. Good call brash. thanks.

brash
  • 2004/12/16 2:44

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

No worries, glad we got it sorted

Login

Who's Online

459 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 459

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits