CoolPops
Can a module overide system global system theme?
  • 2004/12/15 2:14

• CoolPops

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/9 1

What I am speaking of here is not using a theme that is not the default, such as default or phpkaox but actually using no theme and only returning the results of the module. I am thinking of converting my website, Life with Christ to XOOPS and it's primary function currently is a weblog provider. The users can totally customize their weblog's template by editing a template file (smarty). No part of my site shines through on their site. For an example, viewhttp://geek.lifewithchrist.org/ and thenhttp://wilderness.lifewithchrist.org/

You can see they are totally different but have common attributes because it's my site powering their custom templates. I would obviously be creating this module to handle the editing and displaying of the weblog but in the displaying of the weblog I do not wish to display a block inside of my system theme I want to display their site in total.

Thanks for any input,

CoolPops

jegelstaff
Re: Can a module overide system global system theme?

This is a very neat idea, and would be a very powerful thing to do. We need to do a similar thing for a client website right now, essentially have the body of a XOOPS module page appear as part of another site's page. But short of basically writing a custom version of the module that calls a modified mainfile.php and/or common.php, I'm not sure if this is possible. Any ideas?

--Julian

Mithrandir

You want to set the theme of the entire page from the module? Is that correct?

include '../../mainfile.php';
$xoopsConfig['theme_set'] = "name_of_theme";

include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/header.php";

[...]

include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php";

Bassman
  • 2005/4/7 12:23

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I'm sure it could be done, if each user had their own style sheet for their own site it would over-ride the default style sheet anyway. I was wondering about the possibility of creating your own theme on the fly, like they do with bulletin boards.........the rest of it would be some neat coding, that's for sure.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits