joffre
Mail activation problem
  • 2004/12/12 17:51

• joffre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

Hi there,

I'm confronted with a problem that, it seems, has touched a certain number of persons, but I have not found a satisfying response as of yet.

The problem is that when a new user registers on my site, he gets this message after sending his form:

You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.

I have checked several times my mail setup, and it doesn't seem to be the source of the problem. In fact, I already can send registered users e-mail messages. And as admin of this site, I get the proper notifications of new user registration.

I currently have XOOPS 2.0.7.3 installed. Any idea on how to resolve this problem??

Thanks,

pdajunkee
Re: Mail activation problem
  • 2004/12/12 19:10

• pdajunkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 2

Yes this question has been asked many times here. It looks like the most common response is work it out with your host. From what I've heard SMTPauth is the best option to get e-mail out but I've only been able to use it to send e-mail to users within the same domain as my XOOPS site.

Here is a similar post I just recently responsed to:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=26648&forum=7

I've also posted a comment at my web host's support bulletin board and waiting for some guidance. I'll post anything I find out here.

joffre
  • 2004/12/12 19:51

• joffre

• Just popping in

Hummm... I don't think it applies in this case, because I already can send mails to users that do not have a domain address that corresponds to that of the XOOPS site. It's clearly associated with the registering process.

What I find strange here is that it used to work some time ago, and only recently have users warned me of the problem. Could it be related to the fact that I have installed other modules since then? Have I messed with file permissions that I shouldn't have touched?

Could be...

joffre
  • 2004/12/14 3:01

• joffre

• Just popping in

Okay,

Seems I found what was wrong. I had forgotten to copy the mail_template directory included with the language files...
Simple as that.

chipthamac
Re: Mail activation problem , smtp, new users, :(
  • 2005/1/10 19:13

• chipthamac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

Quote:

joffre wrote:
Okay,

Seems I found what was wrong. I had forgotten to copy the mail_template directory included with the language files...
Simple as that.

Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem.
Quote:
You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.

I do however get notified of new users and all that...I am using a diff template..imago60 or something..anyways, I am sure I copied all the files over from the zip files that I downloaded from XOOPS themes library...
Also, i have phpbb installed on the same server and it sends out activation emails fine as well using smtpauth, so I'm guessing it has to be something is missing, in the wrong place or not configured properly (besided my mail settings, i quadruple checked at least) Is there something else I forgot that you may know about?...
I really appreciate in input.. This is delaying my XOOPS site going live.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits