Wheeler
Top/Recent Block for 'a Category'
  • 2004/12/12 20:54

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

How do I make the top/recent news block to show top/recent posts from 'a category'?

Not posts from 'all categories' like the generic block with install. Thanx.

Wheeler
Re: Top News 'Category'
  • 2004/12/12 21:06

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

I am hoping to do this with news, mylinks, mydownloads, newbb, and other modules.

This will eliminate the need for me to make multi-installs of XOOPS or to clone modules many times. I want regional sections used with the group permissions on one XOOPS install. This would allow communities on many levels.

Wheeler
  • 2004/12/12 21:25

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

Has anyone ever tried to clone the root index.php file and use iframes and php includes to pull up blocks, module content, and external apps/html/php content? (I have read the mods/blocks faq)

Is there any advice about the path I have chosen to accomplish regional pages? or other ways to do this.

Wheeler
  • 2004/12/12 21:56

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

Maybe I couldn't clone the root index.php. I should use the themes selector and build themes as regional sections.

tzvook
  • 2004/12/20 15:00

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello Wheeler

I'm in the same needs as you are ...
I think it's a "must" for every module with category ability to have a dedicated block for presenting an individual category (even if you need to hardcode the category number) and that solves your question about an index page for each category (you'll be able to use a "one page module" like Chapy's with the "Category blocks" from verious moduls in the system.
see my post "How can a cms manage content not by subjects" .

Wheeler
  • 2004/12/20 16:29

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

Well, I did it the hard way and by myself. Although, I know a little more about XOOPS and I am better off now for pushing myself. I destroyed my first site! So now I run a test site in parallel on a seperate database.

I have done everything I didn't want to do. I cloned modules, muti-installing XOOPS (soon), blank category modules (to contain a related subject). Website is not launched so I can experiement still.

I'll move over to the other thread, more activity there.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits