Peekay
Has a cache stolen my file?
  • 2004/12/12 20:21

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

All my module-wide cache settings are 'none'. Recently I updated the content of an HTML file that sets some parameters for the 'Jobs List' module. All I did was change the path /search.php to /xoops/search.php. Despite making the changes the module still loads data from the previous version of the file. In fact, even if I delete the file, it still loads the data.

I connect using NTL cable broadband, so at first I thought it might be their infamous 'transparent' cache causing problems, but I get the same result when I connect via modem.

I cleared the browser cache and triple-checked to see if the module was pulling duplicate information from another file, perhaps something hard-coded in PHP, but this is the only file in the module folder that contains that particular string.

Before I post a question with the module developer, does XOOPS automatically cache files in a way that might cause such a problem?

Anonymous
Re: Has a cache stolen my file?
  • 2004/12/12 20:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

If you changed the templates I think you have to update them ...

1. Go to Administration / System / Templates
2. Make a double of XOOPS Default Template Set
3. Name it as you want
4. Delete and regenerate templates in module that you want (these files that you edited)
5. Go to Admin / System / Settings
6. As your template set select your new modified set

Hope that will help you ...

Peekay
Re: Has a cache stolen my file?
  • 2004/12/12 20:54

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Bahattee... you are THE man! The install notes just say to change the HTML file contents. I had no idea the template files had to be updated in XOOPS admin too. Thank you *very* much. This was really doing my head in.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits