king76
Tikiwiki Vs Xoops ?
  • 2004/12/11 0:47

• king76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/15

Hello,

My futur boss ask me advantage to use XOOPS :) He want to used TikiWiki System and I prefer to work with them with xoops, you understand of course :)

Can you help me :)

thks

JasonMR
Re: Tikiwiki Vs Xoops ?
  • 2004/12/11 11:52

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

What are your objectives? What are you trying to create?

Best arguments are those that are not general, but which directly relate with the project at discussion.

Though, one I can think of from what I now up to now: your co will save on cost, as you, who will be responsible for the system, have already substantial knowledge of the implemented technology, and wont have to learn from scratch

king76
  • 2004/12/11 12:42

• king76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/15

Hi,

It's for website and Extranet/Intranet. Tikiwiki seems best for wiki and blog system ? There is also one system of "abstraction" for database, so they can to use postgre, mysql, oracle easily.

Quote:
Though, one I can think of from what I now up to now: your co will save on cost, as you, who will be responsible for the system, have already substantial knowledge of the implemented technology, and wont have to learn from scratch

Yes, but we can that ;) XOOPS is good technology for that and we can to "win" some time

thks

Mithrandir

[quote]
It's for website and Extranet/Intranet. Tikiwiki seems best for wiki and blog system ? There is also one system of "abstraction" for database, so they can to use postgre, mysql, oracle easily.
/quote]I don't know TikiWiki, but features are only useful, if you plan to use them.

If you plan to use a MySQL database, it doesn't matter whether the system can support 5 other databases.

JasonMR
  • 2004/12/11 13:52

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Quote:

I don't know TikiWiki

...same here, though a nother idea:

- create a list with functions of your future extra/intranet
- check which modules of each system are available to fulfill these

...and go from there. As Mithrandir said
Quote:

features are only useful, if you plan to use them.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits