natas
newbb problem
  • 2004/10/29 2:37

• natas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/29

Hi guys,

I just upgraded to RC2 and now my forums look all jacked up.

here is a link:
http://ctownmafia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=41&forum=1&post_id=462

Notice how all the stuff at the top is weird looking? What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
Natas

tom
Re: newbb problem
  • 2004/10/29 2:49

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Your missing the header in your theme, which is easily correctable.

Open your theme up in a editor (notpad, Dream Weaver, etc,)

and insert the following code into the header:

<{$xoops_module_header}>

As an example of placement:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<{$xoops_url}>/xoops.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<{$xoops_themecss}>" />
<{$xoops_module_header}>
<script type="text/javascript">

This will fix your problem, I believe.

Take care

tom
  • 2004/10/29 2:53

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry just to add, it's your theme.html file that needs the additional code.

natas
  • 2004/10/29 2:55

• natas

• Just popping in

I am running the "art" theme.

Anyway I opened up the theme.html and made that change....but its still jacked up looking. Any other ideas, or do I need to do something after making that change?

natas
Re:newbb problem
  • 2004/10/29 2:56

• natas

• Just popping in

There we go, I found the option to update the theme in Administration/Prefrences.

Thanks alot for your help!!!

tom
  • 2004/10/29 3:01

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

no problems at all.

I was going to suggest clearing your old cache files, as they would be what you are still seeing, but now you've updated seems to have fixed the problem.

Take care

damjam
  • 2004/11/1 13:18

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

I've experienced the same problem - occasionally the top menu bar and the drop menus expand and stay open, then the links don't work. I've made sure <{$xoops_module_header}> is in the right place, updated my theme/template files, cleared cache -- all the suggestions I've read in this forum. The problem persists. I might have missed it but I don't remember phppp or predator commenting on this problem. Hopefully they're aware of it and have an idea to fix it. A minor inconvenience for knowledgeable users, a "broken forum" for casual users (90% of my audience). Not complaining. GREAT module. Well done.

Anonymous
  • 2004/11/1 14:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

damjam wrote:
I've experienced the same problem - occasionally the top menu bar and the drop menus expand and stay open, then the links don't work. I've made sure <{$xoops_module_header}> is in the right place, updated my theme/template files, cleared cache -- all the suggestions I've read in this forum. The problem persists. I might have missed it but I don't remember phppp or predator commenting on this problem. Hopefully they're aware of it and have an idea to fix it. A minor inconvenience for knowledgeable users, a "broken forum" for casual users (90% of my audience). Not complaining. GREAT module. Well done.

When i visit your second Site of your signature it looks good to me...

damjam
  • 2004/12/9 18:54

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

It's like car repairs... the problem disappears when the mechanic is investigating. But the problem persists and seems to happen randomly. It happens in IE and Firefox. I assume those drop down menus are Javascript.

The exact problem is all of the drop down menus expand, forcing the menu bar wide. It occurs when opening a forum or a topic and even sometimes when opening the module. Refreshing does not make it go away. Sometimes opening a different topic or forum fixes it.

Has no one else experienced this? Is there a cure?

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits