rpclarke
Can't delete record from database.
  • 2004/12/9 6:56

• rpclarke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/6

Hey guys...

I have a module that I am making that uses a database to record information. I am trying to delete one row out of the database through the input the administrator of the module.

The SQL is correct, but in the MySQL debug pop-up window it shows this:

Error message: Database update not allowed during processing of a GET request

I am not sure what is happening here, is it a GET request as in the getting of variables? Or a previous access of the database?

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Mithrandir
Re: Can

GET as opposed to POST is a method for getting variables from the user - such as when submitting a form, the information in the form is sent via either POST or GET.

GET parameters can also be sent via the URL (such as this viewtopic.php?topic_id=28295 - in the PHP file, this can be retrieved as $_GET['topic_id'] with the value 28295)

XOOPS Has an built-in security to disallow changes to the database, if the method used for transmitting is not POST - as POST parameters cannot be given in the URL. Therefore, either change your script to use the POST method in the form on your admin page - or (only if you are absolutely sure that you are not opening up for just anybody to do anything) use $xoopsDB->queryF() instead of $xoopsDB-query()

rpclarke
Re: Can
  • 2004/12/9 13:10

• rpclarke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/6

Great! I thought it was something along those lines.... I will convert it to using post instead... Thanks alot Mith!

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits