jdseymour
Cache the Marquee Module

I use 2 blocks of the Marquee module to scroll a list of security papers from SecurityDocs.com on my site via java script. The papers on the site, 20 highest rated and 20 newest change no less than once a day.

I tried setting the cache on each block to 1 day, it worked, kindof, only problem was that both blocks displayed the same papers.

If I set the cache at the block level shouldn't only the block be cached?

Am I using a proper method or is my method flawed? as in you can't cache java script data.

Is there a method that I can save the information loaded into a cache and not have to pull from the site every page view?

brash
Re: Cache the Marquee Module
  • 2004/12/8 2:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I *think* what the problem might be here is that both blocks will be using the same template. Once caching is set, the block that gets in first and has its content cached will then also have its content displayed in the other block as it uses the same template.

From my understanding this is an XOOPS core issue, and I think a solution is currently being worked on. The only solution I know of would be to hack the code so that seperate templates are used.

jdseymour

Probably over my head, but can you point me in the direction on how to do that?

brash
  • 2004/12/8 3:15

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Have a look in xoops_version.php inside the Marquee module directory.

jdseymour

Thanks, I smell a weekend project coming on.

I like to backup and see if I can break things.

Login

Who's Online

523 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 523

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits