normal1
HELP! - How do you install/where do you find themes/templates?
  • 2004/12/8 2:22

• normal1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Hey guys I'm new to XOOPS and I like its flexibility. I saw the faq about the differences between templates and themes, all I want is to make my site look different than the default. Where do I find templates/themes and how do I install them.

I got some "themes" from various websites and tried to install them, but failed do to the fact that they werent "Templates". Any help would be greatly appreciated.!

-gabe

Bassman
Re: HELP! - How do you install/where do you find themes/templates?
  • 2004/12/8 2:35

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

If you look at the menu on your left, you'll see a link to the Theme Library. You can download any of these, unzip and then upload the unzipped folder to your site via FTP to the /themes folder of your XOOPS install. Once uploaded, you will have to go to your admin menu>system>preferences>general settings, and click on the themes you want to use in the "selectable themes" section. You'll have to hold the "Control" button on your keyboard down to select multiple themes. Also, you'll need to make the Themes block visible to be able to change themes on your front page.
You probably won't need custom templates, unless the theme you choose says it needs a custom template.

normal1
Re: HELP! - How do you install/where do you find themes/templates?
  • 2004/12/9 1:12

• normal1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Thanks, that worked like a charm. the site is normal.net just in case ya wanna look :)

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits