krystinevo
newbb RC2 to newbb 2.0 final: template problems

In my attempt to upgrade from newbb RC2 to 2.0 final, I screwed something up – any advice you could give would be much appreciated. (I did read through all the comments on the previous upgrade, but couldn’t find an answer to my problem).

I don’t appear to have all the block templates (I have 1 out of 3) for the newbb 2.0 final, and still have 3 of the old templates that are no longer being used. (newbb_block_active.html, newbb_block_new.html, and newbb_block_top.html).

Even if I clone the entire template set, it still doesn’t drop the unused block templates and load the new block templates.

There doesn’t appear to be a way to delete the unused template files… there is no delete button, only a generate button, and when I click on the generate button, it tells me the file doesn’t exist.

Thanks in advance…

krystinevo
Re: newbb RC2 to newbb 2.0 final: template problems

I should add that I'm running XOOPS 2.0.7.3 and that I did upload the main.php file bug update (but only after overwriting the newbb files and updating the module through the admin interface.) I did update the module again after uploading the main.php file, however that didn't seem to change anything...

Thanks again,

Kristine

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/5 16:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi krystinevo,

for the final there is only one template for the blocks needed, so be sure all others in the templates/blocks folder are really deleted only newbb_block.html is needed, after this update the Newbb 2.0 again in the Moduleadmin and the others should be gone...

krystinevo

Thanks Predator,

Sorry to be so dense... but since there is no "delete" button in the template admin panel for any of the templates I need to delete, I guess I'm supposed to go in via ftp and delete those templates?

Kristine

alitan
  • 2004/12/5 17:04

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

If you are using Default template set , yes you need to delete it manually from ftp!
But if you are using a costum template set, there should be a delete button!
*** Important Notice***if you are using Default tempalte set, an update is required after deleting!

krystinevo

Thanks for your responses...

There are no delete buttons in the cloned template set I'm using or when I clone the default. (Here's a screen shot of what I see.)

I guess this means I'll be going in via ftp and deleting templates...

If someone could tell me exactly what I should be deleting and from what folder along with the following steps, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristine, an appreciative newbie

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/5 17:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

Via FTP:

goto your xoopssite folder
goto modules
goto newbb
goto templates
goto blocks

where must be current 4 files delete all except newbb_block.html ( this file is needed )

After this update to be sure the newbb 2.0 with the moduleadmin.

krystinevo

Predator - you rock!!!

Thanks you so much for breaking it down for me...I appreciate it!

Kristine

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits