Tresend
WF-Downloads, MyLinks, or WF-Sections!?
  • 2004/12/1 17:17

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

I am starting a new website which will be a guide to other websites in a given category (free stuff sites). I want to have some type of way to show an overview of each site, but I also want members to be able to rate and review the site. Actually, I'd like it to be like how products on amazon.com are displayed: the product information, then average user rating, then reviews. In essence, each Free Stuff website on my site will be like a product. What module is best suited for this? It would ultimately be a link to the site, so that brings up MyLinks. However the rating and review system is in place well in WF-Downloads. In WF-Sections you can rate the article, and post comments, not reviews. I haven't checked out any of the 3 review modules either. My goal here is to showcase websites the same way Amazon showcases products like athttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JLEX/ref=pd_ts_3/102-5029492-5656945?v=glance&s=dvd

Tresend
Re: WF-Downloads, MyLinks, or WF-Sections!?
  • 2004/12/5 20:30

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

anyone?

brash
  • 2004/12/5 21:25

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Not sure if there is any module that will do exactly as you want, but by the sounds of it a weblinks version of WF-Downloads would come pretty close. Best way to answer this question would be to set yourself up a test site and just give then all a bit of a run through.

JasonMR
  • 2004/12/5 22:54

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I have to support the idea of brash.

Your best option will be to set up a test system, install different modules, and see how the do they job you requiere.

One has to understand that XOOPS modules are like building block sets, for you website, one module are a set of legos, others a collection of different playdough, all allowing you to contruct specific content, to the limits of the set chosen.

You can do a lot with lego, but ever tried to build a flexible caterpillar with one? It can be done, but with a lot of work. Playdough, easy as eating a piece of cake (if you are a sweet tooth ).

Every module can do more than it first suggests (e.g. news can also be used to store and manage articles, wf downloads can be used as a module review tool....).

Install a test site, and see how quick you get what you want, as close as possible, then see what changes your want done, and browse the forums, maybe those little tweaks you are looking for, have been already posted.

This is the best any of us can do, as when it comes to using a module, we are talking in subjective measure

Hope you find this helpfull...

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits