smartroad
Fuel usage module
  • 2004/11/30 12:49

• smartroad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 8

I run a site (based on XOOPS obviuosly ) about cars, however I would like to have a module where people can enter in details about thier fuel useage so that they can see what the cost of thier fuel is and number of miles done etc etc. Also it could remind them to get thier service done (maybe an email reminder or something).

The only problem is that I have only a little knowledge of PHP and was wondering if someone would like a small challege of writing such a module? I am a free site so I can't offer any money, but the module would be yours to post out so others could use it etc.

Anyone interested?

Cheers

script_fu
Re: Fuel usage module

I run automotive sites myself. This would be a pretty neat module. If fact anykind of automotive modules for XOOPS would be awesome. Paying for a module is no problem for me i just cant find anyone interested...

ejuden01
  • 2004/11/30 14:25

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

What other kind of automotive modules would you guys like to see? I might be able to help out a little bit.

DonXoop

Another vote here for suitable auto modules. Besides the usual array of community modules that are important like forums, news, calendar, and photos, useful modules for us are a good classifieds system, user (driver) profiles, racing stats, and auto maintenance modules.

The plethora of games oriented modules and themes just don't do us any good (no offence). I'm willing to help but I'm not much of a coder. At least a start from scratch coder I'm not.

A maintenance module would be hugely popular on my site I would think. Of course it is a user centric (secure) module vs an info only (bling) module.

My club does grassroots racing so a racing stats module would be really nice. There is a soccer oriented module I'm keeping an eye on that looks promising.

ejuden01
  • 2004/11/30 14:39

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

For the auto maintenance module, maybe the admin could set up different maintenance events and after so many miles that would send an email to the car owner. Maybe a section where people can show off their cars by adding a pic and stats about their vehicle. Sounds pretty cool to me!

script_fu
Re: Auto parts module

This is what i've been looking for. What happens is the customer comes into the website to request a auto part. The part could be new/rebuilt/used. They fill out the form and hit the submit. (see link below)

http://www.autopartx.com/part_request.html

Now after the customer hits the request it posts the request to a newbb style forum. So other people can see whats needed. The catch here is you need to have a membership to the website in order to get customers contact information.

http://www.autopartx.com/hotline/

The module should be able to list all new request per subscriber/ customer/state/country. They should also have the option to view request online in newbb and also recive emails for the parts request.

If your interested in making this module PM me and we can discuss this further.

I also need other automotive modules but would need to give alot more thought on the subject.

Alan-A
Re: Auto parts module
  • 2004/11/30 16:04

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

these ideas sound really interesting - but don't make everything auto-specific. The field of application will be much larger - and perhaps also the number of people willing to help - if the ideas are held more general:
- Maintenance covers everything from the dogs' injections and kid's bikes through to house painting and software security updates, not to mention reminders to remail my customers. This sounds to me like the further development of a calender module.
- A parts module sounds like the further development of a classifieds module.
- And a results module could be used for team or for individual sports.

Alan

smartroad
  • 2004/11/30 19:02

• smartroad

• Just popping in

On my site I have a spreadsheet that does everything that, i belive, the module should do (link), just to give people an idea of what I was thinking of!

Making the reminder part multifunction would be a great idea as it would widen the use of the module (maybe with the ability to disable the MPG part if need be), but would it not start to become more of a Calander then (of which there are some good modules for)?

ejuden01
  • 2004/11/30 19:10

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

It does sound more like a calendar module when talking about scheduling things. I guess also a countdown too, for like changing the oil and things like that. By the way, nice spreadsheet...it works pretty well.

smartroad
  • 2004/11/30 20:32

• smartroad

• Just popping in

@ejuden01

Thanks (about the spreadsheet ) Maths I can do, PHP I can't

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits