intel352
wfdownloads - reducing the needless queries...
  • 2004/11/29 0:53

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

okay, i know wfdownloads had problems when xoops.org installed the module. would you guys like to release the fixes that you implemented into wfdownloads to make it work properly?

i've installed this module on a closed site for testing, and was about to launch the site. but i just found that when the download module index page is viewed (with a whopping 8 downloads in the database), the webpage times out...

viewing the administration index of wfdownloads, reveals over 40 sql queries total, most of which are by wfdownloads... for 8 downloads...

this is ridiculous, so if anyone has any code that they've already fixed, i'd appreciate it, it would save me some work. and no, i'm not waiting for the next release of the module, because i've put off releasing this website for long enough.

davidl2
Re: wfdownloads - reducing the needless queries...
  • 2004/11/29 1:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

which version are you using?

intel352
  • 2004/11/29 1:20

• intel352

• Module Developer

v2.05a, latest on wf-projects i believe.

intel352
  • 2004/11/29 1:37

• intel352

• Module Developer

funky, appears to be just the wfdownload index page that is timing out... could be the proxy here at work, because i'm able to view other parts of wfdownloads (such as viewing a specific category, which generates 88 queries btw... wow...)

so the page timing out problem, dunno if it's wfdownloads or the crappy proxy here, but i'm still concerned about reducing the sheer number of queries

EDIT: ***i just verified that the wfdownloads index page is timing out... i logged into the same server that hosts the sites, and used a cmd-line webbrowser, it was unable to display the page as well...

i have no clue what's wrong with wfdownloads, maybe generating too many queries when having to display categories and get download information?

this is really weird, only module i've ever seen have this problem.

Login

Who's Online

407 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 407

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits