lmora
Bibliography module
  • 2004/11/3 23:20

• lmora

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/3

Hello,

I'm lookig for a XOOPS module able to handle large amount of scientific bibliographic data for a research institute. Actually I need references database management and some ways to display or search through those references by year, author, type etc. The best would be if it could support importation of bibtex (bibliography tool for LaTeX) files.

I could not find anything available written in php, easy to install and that could be customized to be integrated within xoops.

Maybe I missed something!

Thanks for your help.

PS: Other wish: it would be great to cite references when writing articles (in wfsection for example). Ok, I stop dreaming

ajaxbr
Re: Bibliography module
  • 2004/11/3 23:39

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Not exactly what you want, but take a look athttp://bibliophile.sourceforge.net/
I hope you can find someone to adapt one of those tools to XOOPS, that'd be great

lmora
  • 2004/11/3 23:46

• lmora

• Just popping in

Hi,
I should have told you I visited this web site. Many very interesting things, especially phpBibMan, but it requires to have PEAR installed on the server. My provider does'nt support this

Any idea of a php wiki suporting some bibliography features?

ajaxbr
  • 2004/11/11 5:56

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/11 7:57

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

That would make a nice module...

lmora
  • 2004/11/11 16:49

• lmora

• Just popping in

Hy all!

I recently found a good wiki on SourceForge. It is called uniwakka. See features and developments on sourceforge project site.

The bibliography managing system is itimately linked to Wiki page redaction, so that you can cite references in you page as you do with LaTeX. This Wiki also supports MathML.

It is great ! I could easily write new methods integrated as plugins to make a search page and show bibliography lists in a convenient way.

Xoops module developers should look at it. Especially those from wfsection project. It seems to me that adding bibliography and LaTeX supports in wfsection would give a very high value to this module for writing scientific documents.

Cheers,

--
Laurent

sirfragalot
  • 2004/11/16 22:15

• sirfragalot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Came across this one by chance (I'm the administrator for WIKINDX). WIKINDX doesn't require PEAR - it simply requires a PHP-enabled web server, PHP >=4.3 and MySQL >=3.23.x. And yes, it handles bibliographies, quotations, thoughts etc., with full search facilities, will import from BibTeX, export to both Rich Text Format and BibTeX and can do all this in a range of bibliographic styles.

I'd never heard of XOOPS until today - it seems to be a CMS from what I can gather with a modular structure.

Well, if anyone is interested in doing a XOOP module of/for WIKINDX, contact me via the sourceforge site.

WIKINDX already uses a templating system that allows easy integration into existing websites (an example of a slightly earlier version running within another website can be found here). Although I know little about XOOPS, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to integrate the two.

[PLUG]
P.S. v2.1.rc1 released a couple of days ago with full multi-user mode and enhanced RTF exporting among other goodies.
[/PLUG]

ajaxbr
  • 2004/11/27 18:49

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

WIKINDX seems to be a great tool. I'm going to install it and tell a couple zoologists, then see what kind of chaos we can create

sirfragalot
  • 2004/12/2 7:32

• sirfragalot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Thanks for the compliment ajaxbr .
[PLUG]
I've just released v2.2.rc1. It now handles RIS exporting amongst other goodies.
[/PLUG]

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits