DonXoop
Re: multiMenu 1.5

Actually I am registered at your site Solo.... I'll pop over there again tonight. In the meantime, I had caching turned off while setting up the module/blocks.

Till later...

solo71
  • 2004/11/25 23:52

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

paulohsf wrote:

Does it not works with the submenu appearing only when the mouse is over the main menu?

The principle of this module is to "imitate" the dynamic main menu. Do you prefer to have all the sublinks to be shown permanently ? If so, this is a possible modification (adding an option here or there)...

I'm aware that this "sublink for modules only" is a limitation, and have a look at this as soon as possible.

@Don: another project is to add a counter on each and every link. Probably for a next release. I'm sure you will be interested.

Any other suggestions ?

DonXoop

@Solo,
Counter eh.... Actually what I'm doing has the same effect. For each link I'm using the link from my regualr Partners module so that a click does the same as clicking in the Partner's module itself (/modules/xoopspartners/vpartner.php?id=xx etc.). I get a click count in the Partners module.

But a counter right in multimenu could be interesting too. Maybe have settable viewing rights for the counters.

Here's an idea I'd like, option to randomize the listing order. It would be silly for traditional menus but for my sliding partner's menu it would be ideal. I've seen some commercial sites that I swear are randomizing some menus so that the free support links are harder to find....

solo71
  • 2004/11/26 11:22

• solo71

• Module Developer

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:

Maybe have settable viewing rights for the counters.

Of course !

Quote:
Here's an idea I'd like, option to randomize the listing order.

That was already somewhere in my mind. Which kind of random function is interesting ?

1) Randomize the selection of a link (1 amongst the list)
or
2) Randomize the list order

PS : This discussion could carry on my site (I spend too much time tracking such discussion here).

solo71
  • 2004/11/26 16:54

• solo71

• Module Developer

Thinking about the counter option, I came to the conclusion that it would be less interesting than expected.

Here are the reasons.

Technically, if I want to add a counter, the links must pass first by inbetween page, alike modules like mydownloads or mylinks. I'm not sure crawler, nore visitors would appreciate that kind of redirection. Thus, I came to the conclusion that that kind og gadget is not worth such changes.

karedokx
  • 2004/11/27 6:39

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

currently menu created using multimenu can only be shown in a new block (correct me if i'm wrong). would be great if the created menu can also be shown a part of the main menu (so not only sho them in the new block(s), but multimenu has the capability to show the menu as part of the main menu).

at least one of the menu can be shown as in main menu. the position of the menu should be defined through the weight of the module.

is this possible?

Login

Who's Online

77 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 77

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits