mballou
multiMenu 1.5
  • 2004/11/24 15:57

• mballou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/18

Just getting started here and love the program so far. I understand HTML and basic PHP. However, trying to redesign our school districts website and looking for a good menu tool that would allow a "Schools" block and submenu's that would point to individual school website pages(Elementary/Primary, Middle, High School). I have been playing with WF-Channel and that seems promising. However, it would be nice to have just sub links beneath "Schools" Heading/Block.
I tried to download the Multi-Menu but it appears to eventually link to a french site which I cannot understand.

Help please.
Thanks.
M

solo71
Re: multiMenu 1.5
  • 2004/11/24 18:09

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

mballou wrote:
I tried to download the Multi-Menu but it appears to eventually link to a french site which I cannot understand.

C'mon, don't tell me you can't read an english description nore click on on a link ?

paulohsf
  • 2004/11/25 14:16

• paulohsf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

I´ve installed MultiMenu 1.5, portugues.do.brasil, and createad my menus and submenus.

Something is going wrong, cause the submenus doesn´t appear.

I´ve used the following options:

_AD_MULTIMENU_TITLE: Liderança
_AD_MULTIMENU_LINK: lideranca/
_AD_MULTIMENU_IMAGE:
_AD_MULTIMENU_STATUS: _AD_MULTIMENU_ONLINE
_AD_MULTIMENU_SUBMENU_AD_MULTIMENU_SUBMENUEXP: _AD_MULTIMENU_SUBNO
_AD_MULTIMENU_TARGET: _AD_MULTIMENU_TARG_SELF _AD_MULTIMENU_GROUPS: Webmasters Membros e congregados Anônimos

_AD_MULTIMENU_TITLE: Conselho
_AD_MULTIMENU_LINK: lideranca/conselho.php
_AD_MULTIMENU_IMAGE:
_AD_MULTIMENU_STATUS: _AD_MULTIMENU_ONLINE
_AD_MULTIMENU_SUBMENU_AD_MULTIMENU_SUBMENUEXP: _AD_MULTIMENU_SUBYES
_AD_MULTIMENU_TARGET: _AD_MULTIMENU_TARG_SELF _AD_MULTIMENU_GROUPS: Webmasters Membros e congregados Anônimos

I hadn´t any previous versions of mutimenu, but I´ve noticed that openning the files, lots of things refered to version 1.4.

Any idea?

Paulo Henrique

PS: Sorry for my english

solo71
  • 2004/11/25 16:05

• solo71

• Module Developer

First, it sounds like there is something wrong with the brasilian version... Could someone of the Brasilian community check this and let me know ?

Second, the sublinks work only within the same module. Thus, it must have links like modules/lideranca/ (main) and modules/lideranca/conselho.php (sub).

DonXoop

While I have your attention solo71, I briefly tried 1.5 as an upgrade to 1.4. As per instructions I removed the old version first. Everything seemed to work fine except for the scrolling pictures option. All other menu styles worked including static pics except for scrolling pictures.

I am using multimenu as a replacement for the Partners block. I load it up with partner images and links and then scroll the pics in a smaller space than the normal Partners block. It has been working well except that for some reason it will occasionaly revert to a text listing until I clear the cache for that block. But it usually runs fine for days at a time.

mballou
  • 2004/11/25 16:39

• mballou

• Just popping in

Quote:

solo71 wrote:
Quote:

mballou wrote:

C'mon, don't tell me you can't read an english description nore click on on a link ?

Well my mistake on the scroll down. This is a beginners corner though :)

solo71
  • 2004/11/25 17:15

• solo71

• Module Developer

Quote:

mballou wrote:

Well my mistake on the scroll down. This is a beginners corner though :)

You are welcome.

Quote:
DonXoops wrote :
While I have your attention solo71, [...]

Well, you know, I'm still available on the WolFactory... Dunno why, but people don't like to register on my site, even though my forums are active.

As for your problem, I'll check this as soon as possible. My first though are as following : I have created a script which detect any spider and change the links in list just for them (because spiders don't like anything else but html). If you have put cache on that block, it is highly possible that the cache has "kept in mind" the spider visit, and thus, show the list, instead of the scrolling menu. Thinking about it, this must be the explanation.

The only solution is to desactivate the cache on your block. Maybe I should add an option to activate such function (the spide one).

paulohsf
  • 2004/11/25 17:18

• paulohsf

• Just popping in

Solo,

Does it means that the multimenu works only with modules?

In my case, lideranca is a directory inside the directory public_html, and conselho.php is inside lideranca.

Is it possible to work at this way?

Paulo

mballou
  • 2004/11/25 17:36

• mballou

• Just popping in

Thank you.

paulohsf
  • 2004/11/25 17:39

• paulohsf

• Just popping in

In addition, i-ve tried with modules/newbb and modules/newbb/newtopic.php, and it works at the follow way:

At first, the submenu was not visible.
If i clicked at the menu newbb, the submenu appears.

Does it not works with the submenu appearing only when the mouse is over the main menu?

Paulo

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits