nibble4bits
Calendar w/weekend management?

I am looking for a calendar module, I have tried all 7 modules in xoops' repository.

We have recurring events on the 15th and 20th of the month. If the date falls on a weekend, then the date is moved to the monday following.

The closest module is Agenda-X, but it does "2nd tuesday of the month" repeats.

Are there any other modules available that do this? I am relatively new to Xoops, so I am still learning.

Thank you!

JasonMR
Re: Calendar w/weekend management?
  • 2004/11/28 3:09

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

piCal is the best calendar mod (in my opinion), and it does what you are looking for...

nibble4bits
Re: Calendar w/weekend management?

I don't see it using piCal 0.60 --

I can't use "daily" because there is no fixed day amount between these due dates.

Can't use "weekly" by picking only weekdays, because some months have 4 weeks, some have 5. The first 5 week month will throw it off.

Can't use "monthly" - Assigning the specific day number will not pay attention to weekends, and the event is never on the same weekday each month (so I can't tell it every 2nd monday, because sometimes it'll be the 3rd monday)

Can't use "yearly" because the event truly happens monthly.

Out of the 7 available calendar modules on Xoops, none of them seem to allow a "specific day if it is a weekday, if it is a weekend, carry it either the friday before or monday after", and it's important to have this on my calendar because we deal with deadlines that follow this method.

Thanks for attempting to help.

Login

Who's Online

54 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 54

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits