rpclarke
Forums
  • 2004/11/21 20:15

• rpclarke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/6

I am having problems with the forums that come with Xoops.. 1, they don't look like the same forums that we are using on here.

2. With the latest download, when I select a topic to view, the contents of that topic are displayed centered. It is a really annoying way to have to read forum messages..

I tried editing the templates to make it more like the way I want to have it viewed, but any changes I make dont end up with any results on a reload of the page.

Some guidance for this would be appreciated, or a link to a better forums package that works with XOOPS would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jdseymour
Re: Forums

First off when you edit a theme or template, you have to set
"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" in the admin - preferences - general settings to yes. Otherwise no changes are shown.

Secondly, the forum on the XOOPS site is a newer version "Newbb2" that is in the final stages of beta and should be released soon.

HTH.

rpclarke
  • 2004/11/22 2:06

• rpclarke

• Just popping in

Ok great..... NewBB2 eh? I will poke around and see if I can use it..

The template option is set to yes. I am editing newbb_thread.html just to put in an align="left" in the <td> filed to make the topic & the comments go left justified instead of centered.

No change on viewing the page. I copied the file as well to the theme that is being used into a templates directory as it suggests in the preferences menu as well just to make sure that was not it.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Hunterduk1
  • 2004/11/22 2:26

• Hunterduk1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/22

I am currently using a website through Geocities that myself and a friend have set up and I am wondering if I can get a forum through XOOPS?

jdseymour

I would check the CSS files also, as I believe they will override the html.

Still learning so not that sure, but I believe I read that somewhere.

rpclarke
  • 2004/11/22 6:28

• rpclarke

• Just popping in

Ok I found a .css with a div tag in it telling it to center, so I deleted that.. But still no change on the page. I don't think this auto-update of files is working properly....

Actually i just confirmed it. I renamed the directory and changed the system preferences to point to the new theme and now my forums are nicely left justified....

Thanks for the pointer on the CSS file. Anyone know whats going on with this thing not auto-updating? Is there a way to manually make it reload these files?

Thanks!

rowdie
  • 2004/11/22 7:30

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Try deleting the files in the templates_c folder. The files will generate again using your new changes.

Rowd

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits