jmass
Flexible Forms - STORED IN DB WITH REPORTING
  • 2004/11/10 20:30

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Hello!

Does any one knowof a module that will allow for flexible form creation (Like Liase) and not e-mail them, but store them in a DB? Actually the option to do either would be nice.

www.topica.com is a service that does this kind of thing, I would like a XOOPS alternative.

Thanks

Mithrandir
Re: Flexible Forms - STORED IN DB WITH REPORTING

I'll have it for you by next week, I hope

(It's my first task for my new workplace)

Will feature ease of creating forms, storing them in the DB, storing answers in the DB and allow exporting in CSV and XML formats.

It should also have an option for only allowing one submissal and three ways of preventing double-posting: Cookie, IP and Verified Email

jmass
  • 2004/11/10 21:36

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

Please tell me a release is planned.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Mithrandir

Which part of "I'll have it for you by next week, I hope" did you not understand

I am pretty confident that it will not pose large problems to release it

vinit
  • 2004/11/11 16:55

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

That would be one good thing to have. Futher more if the reporting can be enabled, like displaying those data back on basis of some queries, it would be fantastic to have.

My best wishes....will surely like participate in testing and implementing.

jmass
  • 2004/11/12 7:13

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
Which part of "I'll have it for you by next week, I hope" did you not understand

Maybe you just tease us with it.

That is great. If it is as good as your other work (which I am sure it will be) it will be a must have module. I am assuming, as the post above asks, that some general reporting will be there as well. Not much use in a data gathering system that is incapable of displaying the data back

Thanks for all of your hard work with Xoops!

Mithrandir

Quote:
I am assuming, as the post above asks, that some general reporting will be there as well. Not much use in a data gathering system that is incapable of displaying the data back

surely not.
I will as I said make it possible to export form replies in comma-separated or XML format. Then it's up to you to pop it into an analysing tool, Excel or similar. I don't feel the need to waste my time re-inventing the wheel when it comes to analysing these data, when there are perfectly fine tools available elsewhere.

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/12 7:33

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Isn't anticipation and excitement a great feeling

jmass
  • 2004/11/12 15:36

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
I will as I said make it possible to export form replies in comma-separated or XML format. Then it's up to you to pop it into an analysing tool, Excel or similar. I don't feel the need to waste my time re-inventing the wheel when it comes to analysing these data, when there are perfectly fine tools available elsewhere.

Good point. You start being able to work with the data online, and you now have people saying stuff like:

"now I want to e-mail contacts from the information I gathered". - Now you have to build a e-mail system into your module.

"But I don't like it. I want to use Outlook" - Then why did you want to look at the data in the module if you want to work with it externally?

I agree. Get the data out into a flexible form and let the user use the BEST tools to work with it. (Outlook and Excel... I would prefer Open Office. Yes I know OO will open csv. I just wanted to give an open source app a plug)

I know you have been losing sleep over my opinion on your module that I have nothing to do with!

I can't wait to see it.

vinit
  • 2004/11/15 6:24

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

any updates ???

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits