Level42
Redstar theme doesn't seem to work ?
  • 2004/11/14 21:27

• Level42

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/14

I'm quite new to Xoops, but i've got the main things up an running. However I would like to use the Redstar theme that I found on this site, but whatever I try, it doesn't seem to work properly, at least my site doesn't look at all like the picture.
I've uploaded the Redstar folder to the themes folder, and it is selectable from the admin menu.
To try if it was my way of working I also uploaded the Sabre theme and this works straight awy without problem. However the contents of the folders seem to be very different between the Redstar and Sabre themes. Any help would be appreceated :) Thx !

Jan304
Re: Redstar theme doesn't seem to work ?
  • 2004/11/14 21:45

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

It seems that the reference to the css of the theme is missing. Add the following to the theme:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<{$xoops_url}>/themes/[name_theme]/style.css" />

This should fix your problem with that theme.

Btw, I recognize your nick from somewhere. Did ya accidently had a club on clubs.nl?

Level42
  • 2004/11/14 21:56

• Level42

• Just popping in

Wow thx for the very quick reply :) But a little question, I assume that I need to add that codeline to the theme.php file, but where exactly should I put it ?

And, no I didn't have anything on club.nl, just a big fan of the band Level 42 ;)

Level42
  • 2004/11/17 13:02

• Level42

• Just popping in

I tried adding the text to the theme.php file, but then I saw absolutely nothing on my site..? Where o where do I have to put this text ?

JMorris
  • 2004/11/17 13:56

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

You need to put the code directly below the title tags in theme.html...

Quote:
<title><{$xoops_sitename}> - <{$xoops_pagetitle}></title>

Also, make sure you delete everything inside the templates_c folder (except index.html) after you make any changes to the theme.html file, else your changes wont appear to work.

Hope this helps.

Level42
  • 2004/11/17 21:26

• Level42

• Just popping in

Thanks JMoris but uhmmmm...there seems to be no theme.html file at all with this theme package ??

Maybe you can have a look at it:
Redstar theme

I'm fairly new to this all, but the other theme packages just look different in file and folder structure. Other themes I can install and use without problem at all.

Really hope you (or someone else) can help because I really like the look of the Redstar theme and it fits very good to our club colors :)

Thx

JMorris
  • 2004/11/18 13:27

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

Level42 wrote:
Thanks JMoris but uhmmmm...there seems to be no theme.html file at all with this theme package ??

Maybe you can have a look at it:
Redstar theme

I'm fairly new to this all, but the other theme packages just look different in file and folder structure. Other themes I can install and use without problem at all.

Really hope you (or someone else) can help because I really like the look of the Redstar theme and it fits very good to our club colors :)

Thx

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I'm a bit tied up at the moment. I'll look at the theme over the weekend and see if I can figure out a solution for you.

Level42
  • 2004/11/18 21:43

• Level42

• Just popping in

I understand, no problem ! I'm glad with any help at all...and there's no rush ;) Thanks for you help !

JMorris
  • 2004/11/20 18:16

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Am I correct in assuming that you are running XOOPS 2? And did you know the Redstar theme is for XOOPS 1?

Xoops 1 and XOOPS 2 theme are not coded the same and are not cross compatible. In other words, you cannot use a XOOPS 1 theme with a XOOPS 2 Site.

Basically, there are four options:
Switch to XOOPS 1 so you can use the Redstar theme.
Find a different theme.
Contact the quthor of the Redstar theme and see if they've coded a XOOPS 2 compatible version or recode the theme to be compatible with XOOPS 2 yourself.
See if someone would want to recode the theme for you.

I don't have the time right now to make a XOOPS 2 compatible version of this theme, otherwise I would be happy to. Perhaps one of the other members here will have time to do it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Level42
  • 2004/11/21 20:51

• Level42

• Just popping in

Ow man.....can't believe I overlooked this !!! You are completely right. How stupid of me....

I (yet) lack the knowledge to convert it myself, so I will have to go and look for another theme....thx for your time !

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits