charpres
Database naming convention problem
  • 2004/11/11 23:01

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

I've installed XOOPS literally hundreds of times without a problem. I am trying to install into a parked domain that uses a naming convention for databases like this: mainsite_com_parked site. I had no problem installing to a database named mainsite_com and can install this parked XOOPS site by using that database and having a different table indentifier (like "xoops2"). XOOPS has no problem "seeing" the database named mainsite_com.

The databse mainsite_com_parked exists and I can add fields and so on from the server's control panel. When I try to install Xoops, all is fine until the end where the XOOPS install says the database does not exist. The only thing I can think of is that XOOPS has a problem with the naming convention xx_xx_xx.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

JasonMR
Re: Database naming convention problem
  • 2004/11/12 0:14

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I ran into the same problem; my host rebooted the MySQL server, and all was fine after that.

Not sure if it helps ....

(on another occasion, I also had this issue, only to find out, that I had accidently swapped two letters {how stupid did I feel }...sometimes, one just can't see the obvious...)

charpres
Re: Database naming convention problem
  • 2004/11/13 4:34

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

I can't seem to troubleshoot this one very well.

One problem is that the XOOPS install insists that the actual directory is /home3/xxx/xx when it is actually /home/xxx/xx. I don't know why it "sees" it this way.

I've tried directly editing mainfile.php to put in the correct directory without success. If you try and put in the correct directory as part of the install routine, it won't install. Installing it with /home3/xxx/xx just leads to a blank screen. when you browse to the site. Even if you browse directly to index.php you still get a blank screen.

Any ideas for a workaround on this?

Login

Who's Online

371 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 371

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits