boner
No login block!
  • 2004/5/6 20:50

• boner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/29

I've just installed XOOPS (twice to make sure i wan't being dumb) and I get no means of logging in, just a page header and footer but no blocks.

http://dev.it-squared.net/xoops/

If I go to admin.php I get "you do not have the right to login here", or something liek that.

I've turned on debugging manually (by chnging the "conf_value" of "debug_mode" in the "xoops_config" table to 1) and I get no output.

There is nothing n the php error log. Help!

Thanks, Adam.

PS - I've had XOOPS working on ths server before so I think it must be to do with my php config (or compile-time settings). Any ideas greatfully received.

tl
Re: No login block!
  • 2004/5/6 21:00

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Can you login directly?

http://dev.it-squared.net/xoops/user.php

boner
  • 2004/5/6 21:13

• boner

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quick reply.

never thought of that, d'oh. Yes, I can. However, I then go to admin.php, the admin system seems ok, but no blocks are listed in the blocks section.

I've just installed a module ok (the partners one). went back to blocks, there are no blocks still.

Grr. Hope I'm not being dumb here, it's a while since I've used xoops!

Adam.

tl
  • 2004/5/6 21:27

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

if you can see blocks while you are logging as admin, then you need to assign access right to blocks

system admin -> groups -> Anonymous Users

then you need to go to block admin and make blocks visible to anonymous users.

boner
  • 2004/5/6 22:35

• boner

• Just popping in

> if you can see blocks while you are logging as admin

I can't :o(

Even when logged in as admin there is nothing on the main page. Try it an you'll see what I mean. Another sufire sign it's screwed is: there's no user menu when logged in as admin either. I'm sure there's something odd going on here.

http://dev.it-squared.net/xoops

login: admin
pass: test

Thanks, Adam.

Bassman
  • 2004/5/6 22:59

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I had a look, I hope you don't mind.
First of all, I went tohttp://dev.it-squared.net/xoops/user.php and logged in using your info. No blocks as you said.
Then went tohttp://dev.it-squared.net/xoops/admin.php
and got the admin menu. But when you select "blocks" there are no blocks in the list, for registered or anonymous viewers.
I then went to "Modules" and tried updating your Sstem module. All the indications were that the module was recompiled successfully, but at the bottom of the page, was this:
Quote:
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_user.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_login.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_search.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_waiting.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_mainmenu.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_siteinfo.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_online.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_topusers.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_newusers.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_comments.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_notification.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_themes.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

Something is definitely wrong, perhaps your installation is corrupted somehow. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge can tell you what you can do!

tl
  • 2004/5/6 23:01

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

SELECT b.* FROM xoops_newblocks b, xoops_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=1 AND b.visible=1 AND m.module_id IN (0,-1) AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
Error number: 1
Error message: Can't create/write to file '/var/tmp/#sql_22e_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

I turned the MySQL/Block debug on, there is a permission problem with your database. There is no block being retrieved from the database, so you definitely can't see any.

I am not expert on MySql permission, you'll need to ask your provider on how to fix this.

boner
  • 2004/5/7 12:12

• boner

• Just popping in

Ah, thanks. ...I've sorted it now you've pointed that out. Thanks to bassman too for taking a look.

http://dev.it-squared.net/xoops/

In short, my permissions on /var/tmp were screwed. (probably from an accident I had weeks ago.)

The odd thing is, this was only causing some queries to fail (mysql *seemed* to be working fine for other services). It seems some types of query require MySQL to make a temp fil in /var/tmp, and some don't.

You learn something every day.

Thanks again,

Adam.

tl
  • 2004/5/7 12:33

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Glad you got it working.

Quote:
You learn something every day.

Couldn't have said better myself.

mcwoods921
  • 2004/11/7 21:25

• mcwoods921

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

Hello,

I'm having this same issue in IIS...any idea of a similar fix?

The output I get is:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_login.html" in file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Webs\xoops\html\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_mainmenu.html" in file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Webs\xoops\html\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1042

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits