kokito
Newbie questions
  • 2004/11/7 3:11

• kokito

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

Hi,

I just installed XOOPS and everything seems to be working fine. I am deciding on the format of my front page and for that purpose I entered several dummy news items.

The problem that I have is that I do not seem to find a way to show the latest, say 5 news items, in the front page the way I want. I do not mean just the headlines (as the "Latest News" block shows), but rather the headline plus author/date info, and the introduction text, the same way it is displayed on the News module index page.

I am sure that it is possible (I have seen it on other XOOPS sites), but cannot find how to do it.

Also, does the "Module Repository" area of this site use a special download module? If so, which one is it and where can I download it from? It seems to be much more complete than the Downloads module that comes by default with XOOPS, and I would like to give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

smdcom
Re:Newbie questions

ok... you can go to admin menu -> system -> preferences -> general settings -> starting page = news module

that's all you need.. hope that make sense

SMD

kokito
  • 2004/11/7 6:20

• kokito

• Just popping in

Quote:
smdcom wrote:
ok... you can go to admin menu -> system -> preferences -> general settings -> starting page = news module

Hi SMD,

Thanks for the reply. I was not sure what the "Starting page" setting was for... Your suggestion sort of works, but now the Home and News pages are identical, which is not what I want.

I want the Home page to have the news, but I do not want the News page to show all the blocks that are meant only for the Home page.

I tend to think that the best way would be if there were a block that would show the news as in the news page. Does such a thing exist?

Koki

smdcom

kokito,

maybe you can try this Spotlight Module

but if you want to show 5 news in a block, the starting page is the best way...

kokito
  • 2004/11/15 6:03

• kokito

• Just popping in

Quote:

smdcom wrote:
kokito,

maybe you can try this Spotlight Module

but if you want to show 5 news in a block, the starting page is the best way...

Thanks smdcom! I will give this a try.

Koki

Login

Who's Online

502 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 502

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits