kjs222
last_login messing up???
  • 2004/2/15 13:59

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

I just had one of my site admins report to me that there are users who have logged in and posted newbb posts within a couple weeks; yet their users' entry for last_login shows mid-december.

Has anyone seen this? Could this be a result of time set wierd on the user's computer? Could it be some session variable not being activated due to computer settings? What file makes the record of a user's last login?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Keith

sogol
Re: last_login messing up???
  • 2004/11/3 13:41

• sogol

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

I have noticed this same problem. but only for 3 out of 45 users. I am looking into it and will certainly post any solution I stumble across. If anyone has any idea about this issue, please respond - this is very perplexing!

onokazu
  • 2004/11/4 9:48

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Does the site use custom user session which is configurable in the general settings? The last login value is updated when you login, not when you access the site, so if the site is using the custom session feature and allow session to persist for a long time, that might happen.

sogol
  • 2005/3/4 16:30

• sogol

• Just popping in

After further investigation, it appears to be a result of users having cookies disabled. Does this make sense?

RachelVirago

I also have this problem but not with all users, the discrepancy varies widely with our most active daily posters showing last login as recently as the previous day or weeks ago.

I only recently noticed this so dont know how consistant it is per user.

I have turned off custom session today as I read in another thread that this could be involved and am watching the situation.

Why do you say it's a result of having cookies disabled?

sogol
  • 2006/7/6 18:11

• sogol

• Just popping in

trial and error ;)

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits