ipporek
Re:invision board on xoops??
  • 2004/10/17 12:04

• ipporek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/13

Hmmm... so both IPB and vBulletin can be integrated. Well, that's a relief. Didn't know about IPBM v1.4 is based on IPB v1.3 though. In fact, I'm still very confused as to what X-IPBM, X-IPB, and EX-IPB all mean.

DrFox
  • 2004/11/2 23:39

• DrFox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:

Draven wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with pay for products. What I do have a problem with is the weesly tactics they used. Put out a free product, claim it will always be free, wait till thousands of people are using it each with thousands of users in their DB and then turn around and say, " well now that we know it would be a huge pain for you to switch products, guess what, we are going to charge you". Knowing full well they've got atleast half their users by the balls and they're gonna have to pay because they simply can't migrate their large user DB to another system. That's slimy if you ask me.

This is why a company should never own an opensource product. Samething happened with Redhat linux, and I'll almost gaurantee Mambo will do the same since it's owned by a company who already sells a version of it. They wait till their "opensourced" project has reached a point that it's now a viable product agianst other pay-for CMS systems and shutdown the opensource code for further releases.

I agree with you.. most open source soft/scripts etc.. are beginning to charge their 'fans' for their downloads too bad creativity hindered coz of money.. but we can't blame em too, since too many free gifts doesnt feed the stomach well.. but I always believe if appropriate donations were given.. I think most open source cms will stay free

DrFox
  • 2004/11/2 23:44

• DrFox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/10

..well .. hope XOOPS will remains free forever

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits