essenz
Failed creating database tables
  • 2004/11/1 13:22

• essenz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

I worked through the install wizard and got all the green led's to this page:

Connection to database server is OK.
Database essenz_drmem exists and connectable.

Database connection is OK.
Press the button below to create database tables.

When I click on the "Next" button I get this message:

Failed creating database tables.

Tried all the suggestions concerning db connections etc.. found in this forum, checked "mainfile.php" and everything is correct. I get a db connection and check the db with MySQLAdmin and everything is all good, including the "Privilages - ALL" when I setup the database and user in cPanel.

Any suggestions?

NB: Apache 1.3.31 / MySQL 4.0.22 / PHP 4.3.9

DonXoop
Re: Failed creating database tables

Are there any tables already in the db (conflicting table names)? Or can you create new tables and then delete them manually? Are you sure that you can connect and create tables manually with the same user/pass that is in your mainfile.php (not the cPanel account)?

I prefer a stand alone phpMysqladmin (put in a subdirectory) vs a cPanel interface. Better simulates what you apps must do.

Carefully check the naming conventions, you might have an underscore in the names "essenz_xoops", "essenz_user" etc.

DonXoop

oops, is your profile website really bizhhelp.com? not one of those..... At least my email isn't in my profile or I might be "invited" to make money the "easy" way..

essenz
Re:Failed creating database tables
  • 2004/11/1 13:56

• essenz

• Just popping in

OK I found the reason for it.. when I uploaded the files to the server, it didn't upload the sql directory contents.. I got looking at the error and thought if I could run the queries manually, when I went looking for them they weren't there. After uploading the sql files I ran the install wizard and all is good.

essenz
  • 2004/11/1 13:57

• essenz

• Just popping in

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
oops, is your profile website really bizhhelp.com? not one of those..... At least my email isn't in my profile or I might be "invited" to make money the "easy" way..

No it ain't one of those....

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits