twitaman
Working with Permissions and Groups
  • 2004/10/30 22:28

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I have a question about permissions.

I have created a group called "editors" that I would like to have be the final approvers on all the files on my site that contain original writings -- they'll be in charge of checking for spelling, grammar, and formatting issues.

The way I want it to work is that when someone submits a News article, or a WF-Sections article, or a Agenda-X Calendar posting, then an automatic e-mail is sent to the "editors" group telling them that there is a submission to check. Then they can approve and publish the work once it is ready or make corrections.

I have had a couple of problems trying to do this:

1)The problem is that there doesn't seem to be one general way to do this. Each module kind of has its own system.

2) And for some reason I have not received any automatic e-mails telling me that there was been a content submission to the site.

3) Can the "editors" view and make corrections to the postings without having to enter the admin back-end of the site?

jegelstaff
Re: Working with Permissions and Groups
  • 2004/10/30 23:36

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Quote:

1)The problem is that there doesn't seem to be one general way to do this. Each module kind of has its own system.

Yup, this is the general wall you'll be running up against when trying to do what you're doing.

XOOPS has no built in workflow control. Each module is literally its own system in this regard.

Quote:

2) And for some reason I have not received any automatic e-mails telling me that there was been a content submission to the site.

Your ability to receive e-mails is completely dependant on the notifications options of the modules you're working with. If the module does not support providing notifications for the particular event you're interested in getting a notification about, you're stuck.

This goes back to the first issue; modules are their own little worlds.

Quote:

3) Can the "editors" view and make corrections to the postings without having to enter the admin back-end of the site?

Again, totally depends on the module, but in most cases I would guess the answer is no.

Someone with more experience with the modules you're using can perhaps answer with more details about how to do some of these things with them.

Good luck,

--Julian

twitaman
Re: Working with Permissions and Groups
  • 2004/10/31 1:50

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Damn, that's sort of what I figured.

I have to say that this sort of real group workflow usability should be a TOP priority for XOOPS to remain viable and be a top CMS system.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits