PatsRule
scripting help please
  • 2004/10/30 18:20

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hi... I would like to put a poll on my site. I got it from Fantastico. It's called Advance Poll 2.03. It is a nice poll but I can't get it to work on my XOOPS site. What I would like to do is have it at the bottom of my left block. This is how I have tried to put it in my index page.

I created a custom block..called it Poll and inserted this code which the directions say to do.

<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/home/fantasy/public_html/poll/poll_cookie.php";
?>

<html>
<body>
<?php
include_once "/home/fantasy/public_html/poll/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(4);
?>
</body>
</html>

What I see is the custom block called poll but nothing inside it.Just the header image of the block and the footer image.

The code has to be inserted in a php page. I can't put it in the theme.html file and change the name to php because then all I see is the script. And in the index.php, i don't have a clue what i would do as there is little code in there. The path above is correct. As is the code. Can anyone give me any ideas how to install this? It would be much appreciated. If you need anymore info please respond and i will post what you need to know. Thank you in advance.

Lance_
Re:scripting help please
  • 2004/10/30 18:40

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I can't guarantee this works, but Create the custom block saving it as PHP. But do not put the <?php...?>. Just what goes in between. The block takes care of the php attribute.

In order words, just put the 2 include lines, that,s it.

Hope it works.

PatsRule
  • 2004/10/30 18:59

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Thanks for the try Lance but no go. This have been driving me crazy...lol. It seems so simple..and the site is mainly php. The problem is the theme where i would think it would go is an html file. I tried including it there, without a block, but then it shows poll_process(4); in text. Weird.

I know I could edit the main menu..insert Poll..create a php file called poll.php and link to it...but really that defeats the purpose...having to click on a link to do a poll. You would think that a site that has but 3 html files that I created and rest php would do this easy but I'm having a heck of a time. I do appreciate the thought of trying that. I thought it would work. Cheers.

If you want to see the site..it'shttp://www.fantasysportznutz.com Where i want it to appear is right below the chat block. Also..there is a music theme so you don't get startled if your volume on your speakers is up..turn it down...lol.

Lance_
  • 2004/10/31 0:02

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

OK,

I've used this before since I used it to show my gameservers statsd on my site, through including an outside php file in a block.

What you'll have to do is create your poll.php file, then do the inlcude of that file in your block. It should show up. Post the link to the file, I can test it also.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits