Active IRC channel
  • 2004/10/30 6:52

• Neozonz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/30

Quicklink: irc://irc.au.freenode.net/xoops
Network: Freenode
CHannel: #xoops

Lets acually get a live help channel going. Idle even if you dont need help, you can always help another :)

smdcom
Re:Active IRC channel

thanks for chatroom... it's great.. malaysian community also has a channel at webnet #xoops... it's just for fun.. and not for XOOPS discussion.. all XOOPS discussion is in forum...

pgregory
Re: Active IRC channel
  • 2004/10/30 12:23

• pgregory

• Just popping in

Hmm, interesting idea, however on my first visit, my request for support was met with basically "I can help you if you pay me", not a good start.

I will ask here on the forums in a different thread for help to see if the people here are any more friendly and helpful.

PaulG

Neozonz
  • 2004/10/30 12:46

• Neozonz

• Just popping in

I agree, who said that btw.

Mithrandir

Quote:

pgregory wrote:
Hmm, interesting idea, however on my first visit, my request for support was met with basically "I can help you if you pay me", not a good start.

I will ask here on the forums in a different thread for help to see if the people here are any more friendly and helpful.

PaulG
Aww come on.

That was not how Dave said it.
You asked for a conversion script from phpBB2 to XOOPS and got the message that we do not know about such a direct script, but if you had money to spend, someone (not Dave himself) could possibly be persuaded into making one for you.

That's pretty far from "you want help? Then pay up"

Dave_L
  • 2004/10/30 12:53

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I didn't mean to sound unfriendly.

But writing a phpBB-to-Xoops import script is not something one can do in 15 minutes. It could take a couple of weeks, working on it full time.

pgregory
Re:Active IRC channel
  • 2004/10/30 14:19

• pgregory

• Just popping in

Mithrandir:

The thing is, during the discussion on IRC, Dave never once said,

Quote:
writing a phpBB-to-Xoops import script is not something one can do in 15 minutes. It could take a couple of weeks, working on it full time.

he simply said, no, there isn't any such facility, then followed up with a comment along the lines of "if you could get some funds it could be done", "(hint)". Which suggested to me that he would be prepared to do the job.

Dave_L:

As I mentioned on IRC, I run an OS project myself, so I am well aware of the pressures it can create. However, not once in my 7 years of doing so, have I ever indicated to anybody who has asked for help with my project that they would need to open their wallet to get said help. And I've done things that have taken a great deal more than 2 weeks.

Never mind though, I don't want to get into any sort of support policy discussion, there are more important things to deal with. As I said I will post my request as a separate topic in this forum. I have since installed XOOPS locally and am very impressed with it so far, so I would dearly like to overcome the problem.

Cheers

Paul Gregory

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits