VideoDude
Agenda-X and Apostrophes
  • 2004/10/25 19:13

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

I've tried resolving this on the module creator's web site... now I bring it to the community.

It appears that people who are using Agenda-X (at least version 2.2) are having similar problems. It seems as though any posting that includes an apostrophe or a double-quote will result in a failure that keeps the event from being recorded to the database. If a user posts an event with an apostrophe the administrator is never notified of the post and a check of the "Pending Events" will not show the event.

Naturally, the event never gets posted. The user gets frustrated. And the administrator stays in the dark because they don't see any activity.

Can someone who's a little more talented at programming than me perhaps take a look at this?

twitaman
Re: Agenda-X and Apostrophes
  • 2004/11/2 1:15

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Thank God you described this because I thought I was going crazy! This seems to be something that really needs to be solved because let's face it, most of us probably want to at least appear to be professional on our sites and if we don't have the ability to be grammatically correct we're screwed (hey check that out, I used three apostrophes in this post!)

I wish too that I were able to help out more on the programming end instead of always asking questions and pointing out bugs. Hmmm, maybe that'll be my contribution (another apostrophe!)

Login

Who's Online

380 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 380

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits