sgshell
Re:TRUE Multisites hack.... at last!
  • 2004/10/7 11:48

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

I understand i need to have one full intallation..

so i assume if i have Adomain install with xoops. ANd i want Bdomain to use Adomain file and database.

What do i need to do for Bdomain? What file i need to install in Bdomain?

BoDGie
  • 2004/10/8 0:18

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 1

Ok... Technically (I think :S, havent tried it personally) You could use that code in conjunction with my subsite module to run multiple sites from a single install with shared common tables...

Basically add that code to your mainfile inclusion code, make your domainA.mainfile.php and domainB.mainfile.php, make a copy of domainA's tables but rename it to be domainB (eg, you could have the prefix for domainA's database as 'domainA' and then the prefix for domainB's database 'domainB'.. BUT AT THE MOMENT THEY MUST BOTH BE IN THE SAME DATABASE!!!!) install the subsite module onto domainB and then choose which tables you want to make common.

Sounds simple doesnt it :P

Come to think of it that may not work just yet... - Consider it added to the 'wish list' for the module :)

sgshell
  • 2004/10/8 1:01

• sgshell

• Just popping in

thks...where can i download yours my subsite module ?

BoDGie
  • 2004/10/8 1:11

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

http://www.virtuepark.com

Keep in mind it is outdated and lacks functionality....

sgshell
  • 2004/10/8 2:44

• sgshell

• Just popping in

thks BoDGie...for the very nice hack.
I understand it is only use for sharing of database.....

but how about sharing of file that mention in the above share file CODE article?? www.Adomain.com with xoops....www.Bdomain.com without anything...How B can share XOOPS file with A? What are the step needed for B to able to share the file in A?

BoDGie
  • 2004/10/11 10:07

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

You have to edit your mainfile.php and replace it with the code you mentioned earlier.

reynaldo
  • 2004/10/17 18:02

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/13

I have about 10 sites running on XOOPS with independent databases and files and sharing just a few tables.

The way I did it was with a simple modification to the database.php file. Also the hack can be turned on/off editing a line at mainfile.php

I never had any problems caused by sharing tables.

BoDGie
  • 2004/10/22 1:50

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

Yeah all depends on what tables you share... Some can get confused on file locations or group permissions - but most things if done right will work with no problems.

sgshell
  • 2004/10/22 3:20

• sgshell

• Just popping in

i understand on the part of share database, as i have create for mutiple phpnuke site share same user database before...and i think XOOPS have a better, advance and easy solution on sharing database compare to phpnuke.

The only part confuse me....is the part on sharing of FILE which only "ABC" site have it and the "DEF" site have nothing but using the FILE(not database)of "ABC"?

If i surf to "DEF" , don't "DEF" need a index file??? it can't work for just having a mainfile.php in it....

Is it i have to do is to put the "index.php" and the modify "mainfile.php" in "DEF"???

BoDGie
  • 2004/10/22 4:29

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

Ok.... Here's how you do it.

Say you have /home/mywebsite/public_html/
Upload your XOOPS installation there and install it, etc.
Make a copy of your mainfile.php and rename it to ABC.mainfile.php
Edit mainfile.php to have the modified code.
Point www.ABC.com to /home/mywebsite/public_html/

Basically when you goto www.ABC.com it will first goto read mainfile.php but mainfile.php has code in it to grab the domain name ABC and then direct it to ABC.mainfile.php

Next make a copy of the database and the ABC.mainfile.php but call it DEF.mainfile.php
Edit DEF.mainfile.php with the new database information.
Point www.DEF.com to /home/mywebsite/public_html/

Now when you goto www.DEF.com it will grab the information from DEF.mainfile.php

For every other site you want running of the same install just make a new copy of the database and a new mainfile.php to match it.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits