bmahaffey
Default Theme & Footer question
  • 2004/10/19 20:32

• bmahaffey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/19

Hello,

On the default theme that comes with XOOPS newest version, i put my infomation in the footer section of the admin panel but it shows XOOPS still with a link back to you guys. I was wondering how to get my name at the bottom of the theme with my link.

Thank You.

Mithrandir
Re:Default Theme & Footer question

The default theme uses an image and not the meta footer set in administration menu. You will have to change the footer code with <{$xoops_footer}> in your default theme's theme.html.

bmahaffey
  • 2004/10/20 19:29

• bmahaffey

• Just popping in

hmmmm...

Okay i to make sure i am doing this correctly.

In the theme.html file, i have gone down the to "footerbar"
and changed the table which had the poweredby.gif statement in it and removed that entire statement
and put <{$xoops_footer}> within that table. I save it and uploaded the file in the correct place.

but it pulls up the same thing. On another note i changed it back to the original statement, but modified only the URL saved it and uploaded it back up. and in the source on my main page it showed what i had modified the URL to but one line above it had the original line like it pulled it from somewhere else. Weird? or by design, if so how do i remove that.

Thanks for you help.

tjnemez
  • 2004/10/20 20:27

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

Note: Remember to effect all changes you must go to Sytem Admin -> Preferences -> General Setting [edit] -> and set "update module template.html..." to yes and then select go at bottom of screen. This will update your site to effect all changes (remember to go back once settings have taken effect and set same to no and update once again).

bmahaffey
  • 2004/10/20 22:32

• bmahaffey

• Just popping in

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

536 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 536

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits